Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: End of april class


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 401
Date:
End of april class


Thats freaking hilarious narco26

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:

https://goo.gl/images/GWUnmW



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Date:

 There's no big secret the list is at that certification unit  in Dcas on the 21 floor and than its sent to 1PP



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

And how long does it stay there?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 723
Date:

nupecop wrote:

And how long does it stay there?


 Two weeks.

Do you really expect a city run unit to run efficiently?



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

The list will be out this month. If you can't see that, you are crazy.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

Flatbread King wrote:

The list will be out this month. If you can't see that, you are crazy.


Based on? 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Flatbread King wrote:

The list will be out this month. If you can't see that, you are crazy.


 I think the list will be out at the end of the month. BUT, that being said, people arent crazy to think May. Our projection of this month puts just a little bit of faith in DCAS that theyll get done whatever it is they get done after vet credits in the same amount of time they have in the past. Others dont have such faith in DCAS. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 445
Date:

CappedOut wrote:
Flatbread King wrote:

The list will be out this month. If you can't see that, you are crazy.


 I think the list will be out at the end of the month. BUT, that being said, people arent crazy to think May. Our projection of this month puts just a little bit of faith in DCAS that theyll get done whatever it is they get done after vet credits in the same amount of time they have in the past. Others dont have such faith in DCAS. 


 And thats my point....what is DCAS "actually" doing during the two week "certification" process?!



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 88
Date:

nupecop wrote:

From my understanding everything is done just waiting for 1pp to drop it the vet points is the last thing and that is all wrapped up


 Here's an FYI, when i claimed veteran point for the LT exam, i got mail saying i had to go down to DCAS to provide evidence.  The list came out shortly after that...i don't think that has happened just yet with our test so...



__________________
25isthenew20


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 401
Date:

25isthenew20 wrote:
nupecop wrote:

From my understanding everything is done just waiting for 1pp to drop it the vet points is the last thing and that is all wrapped up


 Here's an FYI, when i claimed veteran point for the LT exam, i got mail saying i had to go down to DCAS to provide evidence.  The list came out shortly after that...i don't think that has happened just yet with our test so...


Guys went down 4/4 & 4/5 to claim veterans credits  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 346
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:
CappedOut wrote:
Flatbread King wrote:

The list will be out this month. If you can't see that, you are crazy.


 I think the list will be out at the end of the month. BUT, that being said, people arent crazy to think May. Our projection of this month puts just a little bit of faith in DCAS that theyll get done whatever it is they get done after vet credits in the same amount of time they have in the past. Others dont have such faith in DCAS. 


 And thats my point....what is DCAS "actually" doing during the two week "certification" process?!


 DCAS does citywide things. May be their doing other stuff for the city.

 

 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 88
Date:

Samiam32 wrote:
25isthenew20 wrote:
nupecop wrote:

From my understanding everything is done just waiting for 1pp to drop it the vet points is the last thing and that is all wrapped up


 Here's an FYI, when i claimed veteran point for the LT exam, i got mail saying i had to go down to DCAS to provide evidence.  The list came out shortly after that...i don't think that has happened just yet with our test so...


Guys went down 4/4 & 4/5 to claim veterans credits  


 Gotcha, that's definitely a good sign..you guys are almost there and trust me, Lt is the best rank i've had thus far.  All that i ask is that you never forget what its like to be a Sgt...it'll take a few to get used to falling back and having the Sgt handle stuff but it'll come.



__________________
25isthenew20


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 463
Date:

How about getting used to losing those chart days? I don't think I'll ever get used to that. The contract is for the dogs.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Date:

Yet another thread has become useless with no insight...

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Date:

The grocery list was more informative

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Date:

....Chart days are only good if you have an opportunity to use them. Im looking forward to finally being able to use my accumulated chart days blankstare



__________________

One more exam to go !!!



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 174
Date:

TenNinetyUnion wrote:

....Chart days are only good if you have an opportunity to use them. Im looking forward to finally being able to use my accumulated chart days blankstare


 Days off are nice dont get me wrong. But unfortunately I have two kids in private school and a third on the way. **** the chart days. walking in the door making 140k on the 4x without overtime is what most people are looking for. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

I'd rather read Fast & Furious quotes.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Date:

Me 2 !!!!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1045
Date:

OhGawd wrote:
TenNinetyUnion wrote:

....Chart days are only good if you have an opportunity to use them. Im looking forward to finally being able to use my accumulated chart days blankstare


 Days off are nice dont get me wrong. But unfortunately I have two kids in private school and a third on the way. **** the chart days. walking in the door making 140k on the 4x without overtime is what most people are looking for. 


This chart day thing is not a real issue.  If you cant figure this issue out I dont know what to tell you.  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Date:

This freaking list is taking forever...

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:

Waiting for the list



Attachments
__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 172
Date:

Everyone complaining about chart days should voluntarily defer themselves to the end of the list. Solves all problems.

__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Book



Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Date:

I went to DCAS on 4/6 to verified my veterans credit and I am the last one. she told me about 50 people claimed veterans credit. and DCAS has 48 hours to approved it. Hope this information help. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Date:

jk2026 wrote:

I went to DCAS on 4/6 to verified my veterans credit and I am the last one. she told me about 50 people claimed veterans credit. and DCAS has 48 hours to approved it. Hope this information help. 


 Cool thx



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

FYI the automated dcas system hasnt been updated since April 8th its usaualy updated every two days hopefully thats a good sign but who knows

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:

nupecop wrote:

FYI the automated dcas system hasnt been updated since April 8th its usaualy updated every two days hopefully thats a good sign but who knows


 It updates every Sunday 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

Got you

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

Any new info?

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

Very quiet dont know if thats a good thing

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 132
Date:

nupecop wrote:

Very quiet dont know if thats a good thing


I'm hearing mid May. I trust the source, but wouldn't vouch for it 100%.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Date:

Yea I think May is it. Cant trust this city to get anything done is a timely fashion

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 463
Date:

April, May whats the difference. They don't promote Lieutenants anyway. When was the last class 6 months ago? Great, we'll have a list and no promotions.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Date:

True. My Lts dont do much and the job still goes on just fine

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 395
Date:

fodx wrote:

April, May whats the difference. They don't promote Lieutenants anyway. When was the last class 6 months ago? Great, we'll have a list and no promotions.


 Yea, the job has never promoted Lieutenants. I dont even know why they even gave a test..no SMH. Everyone needs to relax.



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Date:

List is coming.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

Superman wrote:

List is coming.


 This is True



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 463
Date:

Shotsfired wrote:
fodx wrote:

April, May whats the difference. They don't promote Lieutenants anyway. When was the last class 6 months ago? Great, we'll have a list and no promotions.


 Yea, the job has never promoted Lieutenants. I dont even know why they even gave a test..no SMH. Everyone needs to relax.


 Well I didn't say the word NEVER did I now? They HARDLY promote Lieutenants. Like I said, when was the last time they did? Took 3 years to go through 340 people. So list or no list none of is going anywhere anytime soon. In the mean time, accrue and enjoy those chart days! 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 395
Date:

fodx wrote:
Shotsfired wrote:
fodx wrote:

April, May whats the difference. They don't promote Lieutenants anyway. When was the last class 6 months ago? Great, we'll have a list and no promotions.


 Yea, the job has never promoted Lieutenants. I dont even know why they even gave a test..no SMH. Everyone needs to relax.


 Well I didn't say the word NEVER did I now? They HARDLY promote Lieutenants. Like I said, when was the last time they did? Took 3 years to go through 340 people. So list or no list none of is going anywhere anytime soon. In the mean time, accrue and enjoy those chart days! 


3 years to go through 340 people??? Stop positing inaccuracy information.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 463
Date:

340 people have been promoted from the last exam, in how long? Isnt it close to 3 years now?



-- Edited by fodx on Thursday 12th of April 2018 07:00:18 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

Different job know cant go by the past. As you can see with the Sgt exam anything you s possible. The days of promoting 4 Lt class a year are long gone. Just wait until the old timer get notified to get their body cameras, you will see a mass exodus to the pension section

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 174
Date:

Its close to three years since the exam... But from the actually time they start calling off of it was sometime in the middle of 2016.... Can someone correct me...



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Not even close to 3 years.

List came out 7/16 and the last person promoted was 9/17. There's still some hold overs, but that's just because the list hasn't officially been killed yet, not because they're waiting for a promotion date.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 395
Date:

Just because the 2015 test was three years ago doesnt mean it took that long to promote everyone. By the time the list is established, the lawsuit that delayed the whole process and now not having an active list for 6 months = 3 years.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 395
Date:

CappedOut wrote:

Not even close to 3 years.

List came out 7/16 and the last person promoted was 9/17. There's still some hold overs, but that's just because the list hasn't officially been killed yet, not because they're waiting for a promotion date.


 A little over a year to promote almost 370 people. Id say thats not too bad..



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 723
Date:

fodx wrote:

340 people have been promoted from the last exam, in how long? Isnt it close to 3 years now?



-- Edited by fodx on Thursday 12th of April 2018 07:00:18 PM


 Stop trying to stir the pot. You know better than that.

It took 14 months to do 300+. Thats a great pace for Lts.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 215
Date:

 300 is a good average the longer it takes for the list to be established and the first person promted the better chance of everyone becoming a Lt. Which i say everyone makes it. Just my hypothesis. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Date:

So I personally posted the 8 throwouts a bit ago....now to clarify, the Lt exam was scaled (8 points) - 3 throwouts - and originally 1287 list......got word today that there is a push for April 27th promotions, with Lt bmoc being 2 weeks long......and the first bmoc of LTs will be a large class....there was a pushback with leadership bmoc course in that they did not want or couldnt accommodatethe first big Lt blocs, so the talk is to if not 1 big LT BMOC, then 2 Medium sized classes back to back......list drops by next week, thats the current news.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 723
Date:

Whats the job gonna do with 1500 extra Lts? Make two of them per command an extra response auto?

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard