Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Hi guys its Looking like April


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:
Hi guys its Looking like April


Hi Guys its me Courtney from Match.com. As some of you  may know I am a currently a Flight Attendant, the best part of this job for the past 7 years is flying into JFK from LAX and hanging out in NYC on my lay overs. What I like the most about NYC is that you always get to meet new people and dive into the different cultures the city has to offer. Recently while in NYC I decided to check out what the  Beach looked like in Coney Island (side note!! I LOVEEE the beach! if im not working or at home that's where ill be!) anyways While walking around the Coney Island Boardwalk  I ran into this  sexy NYPD Officer  who  works in the Chief of Personnel's office. I think we hit it off!! He even told me that he loves me on our first date! And I believe him. But I made sure he was fully aware that before we did anything that Im not a game player and that I only like nice guys. He assured me that he is not a player and that he was trained in the Police Academy to only be nice at all times. He didn't even seem to care that I have been single  for a long time which is usually a Red Flag for a woman being Crazy lol. Well Long story short, 4 condoms later (one Brokebiggrin),  and 62 bedbug bites from the Queens Motor Inn, He told me That a Sergeants class was a go for April. I even asked for how many were getting this prestigious promotion but he said he wont know until next week. Once I know you will know. So until then If your out there COME FIND ME!!!!

 

 

 



__________________
COME FIND MEEEE!


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Date:

Did Bill Parcells die and come back as Courtney

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 227
Date:

Lmfao

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 375
Date:

A broken condom?!? Are you pregnant with a tentitive Lts list release date?

__________________

The only thing worse than the wait is the useless info provided by theforceisstrongwiththisone Pls delete this clowns account! 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

I saw your commercial on TV.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Date:

Lmfao. Legendary post!

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Date:

I am literally sitting here laughing so hard at this post that my eyes are starting to tear. Some of you MOFO's missed your callings and should have been comedians

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:

I am weak!!! Funny a** post!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 189
Date:

Wouldnt we have had an April confirmation by now ?

Not looking good.

__________________

Sometimes you win some, Sometimes you lose some.



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Date:

Ehh  ...sorry guys



-- Edited by Howdydoody on Wednesday 21st of March 2018 04:10:51 PM

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Date:

My boss has a friend in bmoc right now. He was told by an instructor there won't be any more Sgt bmocs until they publish the Lt list and put in a class. Supposedly that list is coming out in April. This is all just a rumor of course.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

Lt list is not coming out in April. More drama incoming

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Date:

You guys about to get some very baddddd news

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 84
Date:

What ever happenwe to Bill Parcells. He dropped off the face of the earth. 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Date:

Hey guys, anyone hear anything about how DCAS graded the exams incorrectly? How they gave certain questions more points than others?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Date:

The only news I hear are really just rumors on a promotional exam prep pages forum. So no.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Date:

NinetyYellow wrote:

Hey guys, anyone hear anything about how DCAS graded the exams incorrectly? How they gave certain questions more points than others?


 I just heard that very same thing. And possibly this test may be graded all over again



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Date:

Of course, all rumors at this point

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

It's not a rumor. It's confirmed.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Date:

Ok good. Now what exact is this "IT" that's confirmed?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

DCAS graded the exam incorrectly, that's why we had decimal points in our raw scores. It wasn't because of the curve, as people originally thought. There's a meeting about it tomorrow.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Date:

Thebirds wrote:

DCAS graded the exam incorrectly, that's why we had decimal points in our raw scores. It wasn't because of the curve, as people originally thought. There's a meeting about it tomorrow.


 So what are we talking about here? I counted 12 questions wrong on my exam at the protest. Did I actually get more wrong? Less? Did some people that pass actually fail or vice versa? How many list places are people going to replaced when the test is regraded?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 84
Date:

Thebirds wrote:

DCAS graded the exam incorrectly, that's why we had decimal points in our raw scores. It wasn't because of the curve, as people originally thought. There's a meeting about it tomorrow.


 Does that mean some people that made the list are not going to be on the list? 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 375
Date:

Did anyone have any decimal points in the RAW score they got mailed to their house directly from DCAS?!? If you cant figure it out please post a pic of it with you info blocked out. People are saying thats where the problem is stemming from if there is even one

__________________

The only thing worse than the wait is the useless info provided by theforceisstrongwiththisone Pls delete this clowns account! 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Date:

Im not home but Im pretty sure mine did. But the raw score was still the number of questions I saw that I got right at the protest. So whats wrong? The .378 or whatever at the end of my raw score?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Date:

****ing Courtney. This is like the 2008 FD test all over again.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 375
Date:

The Raw score should be and even number 70.0, 88.0 or 99.0 it should t have decimal values until after seniority points are added because the test has an even 100 questions. Even if theres a throw out it should be even and not change the decimal value. However I cant verify this only you guys can by looking at your mailed scores. Im just trying to confirm if the rumor you guys are posting or hearing is true

__________________

The only thing worse than the wait is the useless info provided by theforceisstrongwiththisone Pls delete this clowns account! 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 375
Date:

Im legitimately concerned bc I if they hold up your test the Lts exam may be held up as well until all gets sorted out

__________________

The only thing worse than the wait is the useless info provided by theforceisstrongwiththisone Pls delete this clowns account! 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

Yes, the RAW scores had decimal values.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Date:

Why wasnt this pointed out earlier?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 67
Date:

Pay this stupid rumor no mind. There are already ppl promoted on this list and working on commands as Sgts. If this were true no one would have been promoted. The next class will be in May, the number is not known yet. Don't listen to nonsense. If you think that I'm wrong check my other post. My source is legit and has been accurate the whole time for our list. No class in April. May is next class, as soon as i hear how many i will post it. 



-- Edited by MBREEZE on Wednesday 21st of March 2018 07:23:30 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

Dont know about the test being regraded etc, but I can in fact confirm that the RAW scores had a decimal. The decimals were also inconsistent (meaning they were different). I pointed out at the time that this didnt make sense (not here). The assumption was made that DCAS applied the extra points (medal, seniority, etc) even if you did not receive a score of 70.0 on your RAW score. We guessed that was how they curved the exam.



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 21st of March 2018 08:21:10 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

MBREEZE wrote:

Pay this stupid rumor no mind. There are already ppl promoted on this list and working on commands as Sgts. If this were true no one would have been promoted. The next class will be in May, the number is not known yet. Don't listen to nonsense. If you think that I'm wrong check my other post. My source is legit and has been accurate the whole time for our list. No class in April. May is next class, as soon as i hear how many i will post it. 



-- Edited by MBREEZE on Wednesday 21st of March 2018 07:23:30 PM


 Sorry bud, you're clearly out of the loop if you think it's just a stupid rumor 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 67
Date:

When i get a new score in the mail then I'll believe it. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 375
Date:

If true this is unacceptable. It shouldn't be this hard to roll out a 100 multiple question exam, grade it with current technology and had points to those who have them. The shiii*y can't ever get their act together. This is what happens when you have the city's largest 124 ROOM handle exams.

__________________

The only thing worse than the wait is the useless info provided by theforceisstrongwiththisone Pls delete this clowns account! 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 425
Date:

Leslie wrote:

If true this is unacceptable. It shouldn't be this hard to roll out a 100 multiple question exam, grade it with current technology and had points to those who have them. The shiii*y can't ever get their act together. This is what happens when you have the city's largest 124 ROOM handle exams.


 Hey leslie stop spreading fake news. I called the good folks at testing and research to confirm that its nonsense. Lol. The sergeant list hasnt even been out for 6 months and people are already spreading ridiculius rumors. They say anything to get peoples hopes up about throwing the list out (i.e., there was a curve!, dcas ****ed up the scores!, yadda yadda yadda)



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 425
Date:

Thebirds wrote:
MBREEZE wrote:

Pay this stupid rumor no mind. There are already ppl promoted on this list and working on commands as Sgts. If this were true no one would have been promoted. The next class will be in May, the number is not known yet. Don't listen to nonsense. If you think that I'm wrong check my other post. My source is legit and has been accurate the whole time for our list. No class in April. May is next class, as soon as i hear how many i will post it. 



-- Edited by MBREEZE on Wednesday 21st of March 2018 07:23:30 PM


 Sorry bud, you're clearly out of the loop if you think it's just a stupid rumor 


 Thebirds....your fake news might work on some poor rookies..but the risingstar vets know better. Stop spreading fake news!



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 425
Date:

Folks do not let one crazy poster "Thebirds" get you worked out about this fake news. 100% fake news.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Date:

Not fake man

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Date:

Guys, the exam was curved. The amount of points you got strictly depended on your raw score. It's not very hard to prove. If you don't believe me, PM me the raw score on your scorecard and I'll tell you what your real score was. I can guarantee you it will match what you got at the PRS or be a point higher depending on if you picked up a throwout or double. You can choose to believe what you want to believe though.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:

Folks do not let one crazy poster "Thebirds" get you worked out about this fake news. 100% fake news.


 Guy I'm not the only one posting about this. Congrats on your internet forum veteran status tho  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 375
Date:

Thebirds wrote:
Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:

Folks do not let one crazy poster "Thebirds" get you worked out about this fake news. 100% fake news.


 Guy I'm not the only one posting about this. Congrats on your internet forum veteran status tho  


 Look I cant confirm that there is an actual issue however I am very confident a meeting between this job and dcas is happening over the issue. Someone spoke about it to me and later in the day this thread was writing about it. How big of an issue this is I dont know however I was worried bc I thought maybe it would effect other exam Release dates. I wasnt trying to spread fake news



-- Edited by Leslie on Thursday 22nd of March 2018 01:23:17 AM

__________________

The only thing worse than the wait is the useless info provided by theforceisstrongwiththisone Pls delete this clowns account! 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1029
Date:

There is definitely truth to some of this.  They screwed up the grading.  It's amazing how DCAS screws up constantly.  



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Date:

Well, if any of this turns out to be true anyone who magically got a passing grade should be worried. There is a way to figure out how DCAS scored it but if that score was the result of an error then idk what to say. Time will tell.




__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 50
Date:

I couldnt care less whether 1800 passed or 2600. I just wanna know when the next class is going in. Besides, weve already established that our raw scores werent whole numbers. Who really cares? I love how people act like they are so shocked to hear this. Some guys with list number 2000 plus complaining that the test wasnt graded properly? Lmao just be grateful that you are on the list if you
are in that position.


__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

Regi wrote:

I couldnt care less whether 1800 passed or 2600. I just wanna know when the next class is going in. Besides, weve already established that our raw scores werent whole numbers. Who really cares? I love how people act like they are so shocked to hear this. Some guys with list number 2000 plus complaining that the test wasnt graded properly? Lmao just be grateful that you are on the list if you
are in that position.


I don't think you understand the implications of this. It could very well hold the list up for months. Anyone on this list who hasn't been promoted yet should care a lot about this ****ed up situation. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 425
Date:

bigfoot45 wrote:

There is definitely truth to some of this.  They screwed up the grading.  It's amazing how DCAS screws up constantly.  


 Bigfoot really?! I would expect that of thebirds or leslie but not you. There is no screw up in grading. This is all fake news. People need to relax.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:
bigfoot45 wrote:

There is definitely truth to some of this.  They screwed up the grading.  It's amazing how DCAS screws up constantly.  


 Bigfoot really?! I would expect that of thebirds or leslie but not you. There is no screw up in grading. This is all fake news. People need to relax.


 Whatever you say, Comey



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 375
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:
bigfoot45 wrote:

There is definitely truth to some of this.  They screwed up the grading.  It's amazing how DCAS screws up constantly.  


 Bigfoot really?! I would expect that of thebirds or leslie but not you. There is no screw up in grading. This is all fake news. People need to relax.


 The force is not strong with this one... I wont reveal my source but yes there is something to worry about and I believe my source. Again I dont know what will come of it but hoping no lists get frozen. The citys biggest 124 Room (DCAS) just cant get it right. However Im not shocked, competent civilians dont apply to be a civilian workers for the government, they get lucrative jobs in the private sector..



__________________

The only thing worse than the wait is the useless info provided by theforceisstrongwiththisone Pls delete this clowns account! 



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Date:

They are definitely going to readjust the scores, but the top of the list won't be affected as much so the current promotions are going to remain. It's the mid to bottom of the list that is going to be heavily changed. Idk if it's a good thing or bad.

__________________
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard