Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: FEBRUARY


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 151
Date:
RE: FEBRUARY


ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
Arrow wrote:

It cant be form the old list. the new list already started. And they took 11 form the old list and mixed them with the new. So if there is a small class it has to be from the new list. 


 Not true.  The old list ends once they promote from the new list.  Starting bmoc is not being promoted.  Once the first person or class from the new list is officially promoted and sworn in as sergeants, then the old list officially dies.



-- Edited by RookieScum4Life on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 07:17:22 AM


This is totally wrong. The 2009 Sgts list was being promoted off of at the same time that the previous list was. The classes were mixed for I think the first 4. What you have to realize is there really aren't any hard rules on these things other than that a list lasts 4 years after being activated.

Additionally, often Sergeants are promoted up front then get assigned to EMD (I think) until the next BMOC.



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:00:51 PM



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:05:12 PM


 You cannot have two or more active lists.  For seniority purposes, they promote the ones from the previous list before the new or current list but the old one is dead once they promote from the new list.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
Arrow wrote:

It cant be form the old list. the new list already started. And they took 11 form the old list and mixed them with the new. So if there is a small class it has to be from the new list. 


 Not true.  The old list ends once they promote from the new list.  Starting bmoc is not being promoted.  Once the first person or class from the new list is officially promoted and sworn in as sergeants, then the old list officially dies.



-- Edited by RookieScum4Life on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 07:17:22 AM


This is totally wrong. The 2009 Sgts list was being promoted off of at the same time that the previous list was. The classes were mixed for I think the first 4. What you have to realize is there really aren't any hard rules on these things other than that a list lasts 4 years after being activated.

Additionally, often Sergeants are promoted up front then get assigned to EMD (I think) until the next BMOC.



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:00:51 PM



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:05:12 PM


 You cannot have two or more active lists.  For seniority purposes, they promote the ones from the previous list before the new or current list but the old one is dead once they promote from the new list.


 Im telling youre wrong. There was an 07 test and an 08 test.  Many people passed the 07 test with 3 years on. The 08 test was being promoted off of while they were waiting for toj. You think they died on the list bc people got promoted off the 08 list? Youre wrong. 

 

Also so if you get passed bc youre jammed if you get cleared with no fault they promote you. No matter what list is being promoted off of at the time. 2 lists can and have been promoted off at the same time. It happens often. 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

Any updates for February 5th 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Date:

Not likely, stick with parces March prediction.  We would have heard more rumblings by now if that Feb 5th rumors was true.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 203
Date:

Talked to a guy thats getting promoted tomorrow and he said the that LT that runs the Leadership Unit mentioned a class for March and nothing for February. But I guess everything is subject to change. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:

February 5th is still a possibility. I'm hearing rumors of February 19th to March 5th the for next class. Time will tell.

__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Date:

Hey. What time is the sgt promotions tomorrow?

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Date:

10Am

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 151
Date:

ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
Arrow wrote:

It cant be form the old list. the new list already started. And they took 11 form the old list and mixed them with the new. So if there is a small class it has to be from the new list. 


 Not true.  The old list ends once they promote from the new list.  Starting bmoc is not being promoted.  Once the first person or class from the new list is officially promoted and sworn in as sergeants, then the old list officially dies.



-- Edited by RookieScum4Life on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 07:17:22 AM


This is totally wrong. The 2009 Sgts list was being promoted off of at the same time that the previous list was. The classes were mixed for I think the first 4. What you have to realize is there really aren't any hard rules on these things other than that a list lasts 4 years after being activated.

Additionally, often Sergeants are promoted up front then get assigned to EMD (I think) until the next BMOC.



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:00:51 PM



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:05:12 PM


 You cannot have two or more active lists.  For seniority purposes, they promote the ones from the previous list before the new or current list but the old one is dead once they promote from the new list.


 Im telling youre wrong. There was an 07 test and an 08 test.  Many people passed the 07 test with 3 years on. The 08 test was being promoted off of while they were waiting for toj. You think they died on the list bc people got promoted off the 08 list? Youre wrong. 

 

Also so if you get passed bc youre jammed if you get cleared with no fault they promote you. No matter what list is being promoted off of at the time. 2 lists can and have been promoted off at the same time. It happens often. 


I'm telling you that you're wrong.  They do not promote off of two lists simultaneously.  A list may come out while there is still an active one but they do not promote from the new one until the old one is exhausted or the 4-year limit is reached. 

If you get passed over solely because of time and the list gets exhausted, by law they still have to promote you even though a new list was established and is the currently active list.  If you get passed over because you are jammed up and not cleared before the list gets exhausted, then you are **** out of luck and have better have taken the last exam because you will not be promoted.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

So when they promote someone late due to time while promoting off of a different list they're not promoting off of two lists?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 105
Date:

For the people that have to go through carb does that mean if they do get promoted its most likely at the end of the list after carb is passed ?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:

Futureauxiliary wrote:

For the people that have to go through carb does that mean if they do get promoted its most likely at the end of the list after carb is passed ?


 It all depends on when the CARB is held.  If it takes place before a class is in bmoc and it goes well at carb the umos will be in with his class.  If his/her list # was passed and they did well at carb and no class/bmoc is in session they can be promoted up front and assigned to the academy or 1pp until the next class goes in.  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

A lot of CARB people, as well as those that had shootings and other stuff end up in the last class. Despite what this guy says, sometimes they get promoted with a different list.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

The guys from the current bmoc that were held over from the 2013 list were promoted a week in advance from those that got their shield today. They were all part of the ceremony today but had their sergeants shield for over a week.

#WeareBarry

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 151
Date:

ohnoes wrote:

A lot of CARB people, as well as those that had shootings and other stuff end up in the last class. Despite what this guy says, sometimes they get promoted with a different list.


It's like talking to a wall.  If you are jammed up and have been approved by CARB, as long as the there have been no promotions from the new list and the previous list has not been expired because of the time limit (4 years) yes you can still get promoted off of the old list either in the last class or before the first class of the new list.  If there have been promotions from the new list (ie sworn in at 1PP as a Sergeant) then the old list is DEAD. Period. I don't think that is difficult to understand.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

TooSucio4u wrote:

The guys from the current bmoc that were held over from the 2013 list were promoted a week in advance from those that got their shield today. They were all part of the ceremony today but had their sergeants shield for over a week.

#WeareBarry


 Means that the 2013 list is done, anyone who was left on that list died on it. It's all us from now on.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

risingstarpromotion.activeboard.com/t64335601/plans-always-change/

Bill Parcells has spoken:

60 for Feb 19th

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 95
Date:

Do you people really think that everyone will get made? Its not happening even if they made 400 Sgts a year they still wont get past 1200 look at the 2011 list with little over 1600 it took 5 years. There are so many young Sgts in the rank there is no way it will go past 1200 maybe 1400 thats pushing it. Believe what you want I got this from a reliable source who said do you want to bet on that. Theres about I think 4800 active Sgts so your telling me that 2700 are retiring, yea okey.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

narco26 wrote:

Do you people really think that everyone will get made? Its not happening even if they made 400 Sgts a year they still wont get past 1200 look at the 2011 list with little over 1600 it took 5 years. There are so many young Sgts in the rank there is no way it will go past 1200 maybe 1400 thats pushing it. Believe what you want I got this from a reliable source who said do you want to bet on that. Theres about I think 4800 active Sgts so your telling me that 2700 are retiring, yea okey.


 Ill bet they will get to way more than list# 1200-1400. Easy bet 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Date:

Make that bet ! 



__________________
Nicholas


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 95
Date:

Listen Im on the list and in the 1800s and was told sorry take the next one.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

narco26 wrote:

Do you people really think that everyone will get made? Its not happening even if they made 400 Sgts a year they still wont get past 1200 look at the 2011 list with little over 1600 it took 5 years. There are so many young Sgts in the rank there is no way it will go past 1200 maybe 1400 thats pushing it. Believe what you want I got this from a reliable source who said do you want to bet on that. Theres about I think 4800 active Sgts so your telling me that 2700 are retiring, yea okey.


 If they promoted 400 a year for four years that would make 1600, not 1200. And it didnt take 5 years to promote off the 2011 test.



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Date:

narco26 wrote:

Listen Im on the list and in the 1800s and was told sorry take the next one.


 

you have no idea what you are even talking about. your math was wrong, its way to early to even estimate what list # theyll make it to. we havnt even had a second class go in! we just started relax and stop spreading BS



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Date:

If they keep going at this pace its a good chance they will get to 1800s

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 67
Date:

narco26 wrote:

Do you people really think that everyone will get made? Its not happening even if they made 400 Sgts a year they still wont get past 1200 look at the 2011 list with little over 1600 it took 5 years. There are so many young Sgts in the rank there is no way it will go past 1200 maybe 1400 thats pushing it. Believe what you want I got this from a reliable source who said do you want to bet on that. Theres about I think 4800 active Sgts so your telling me that 2700 are retiring, yea okey.


 Hey Narco voucher the drugs and don't smoke it lol.  2011 list took 3 1/2 years not 5. 400x400 is 1600 so how won't they get past 1200 lol. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 75
Date:

Ignore the haters. This list will go far past 2000. 4 years from now when we're promoted we will look back at this and laugh.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 95
Date:

Mark my words this list will die at maybe tops 1600 dude believe what you want if you think they are going to make 2700 in four years godbless. Specially in the last 6 years they have put in approx 2500 rookie Sgts and top of that ny is not getting any federal funds for being a sanctuary city. I dont post much but when I do its legit.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 74
Date:

2011 list took 3 1/2 years



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

narco26 wrote:

Mark my words this list will die at maybe tops 1600 dude believe what you want if you think they are going to make 2700 in four years godbless. Specially in the last 6 years they have put in approx 2500 rookie Sgts and top of that ny is not getting any federal funds for being a sanctuary city. I dont post much but when I do its legit.


 Considering you were wrong on all your other facts its impossible to take you seriously. Next time please use nitrile gloves when vouchering fentanyl.



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Date:

narco26 wrote:

Mark my words this list will die at maybe tops 1600 dude believe what you want if you think they are going to make 2700 in four years godbless. Specially in the last 6 years they have put in approx 2500 rookie Sgts and top of that ny is not getting any federal funds for being a sanctuary city. I dont post much but when I do its legit.


 fed funds have 0 to do with promotion budget. you say list will die 1600 first you said 1200. nothing uve posted is legit because you have no idea what you are talking about. not to mention you cant do simple math. wouldnt want you as my supervisor. lastly you can not include the word maybe while claiming its fact



-- Edited by gmen18 on Thursday 1st of February 2018 12:58:32 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 105
Date:

Lets not forget the list isnt really 2,600. Factor in all resignations and the ones that are to come + jam sandwiches that will be held toawrds the end of list. List will be cleared 4 years from now. Its 2018 not 2008.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 67
Date:

narco26 wrote:

Mark my words this list will die at maybe tops 1600 dude believe what you want if you think they are going to make 2700 in four years godbless. Specially in the last 6 years they have put in approx 2500 rookie Sgts and top of that ny is not getting any federal funds for being a sanctuary city. I dont post much but when I do its legit.


 Since when did federal funds have anything to do with NYPD promotions?? Are you serious right now.  Smh



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 95
Date:

Im done I will never post again this was info I received and passed it on. The person is legit and hes not a umos hes a higher authority. Yes and if city doesnt get federal funds there is less positions available. Im done take a screenshot of this and I will post again in 4 years when you and I will be studying again.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
Arrow wrote:

It cant be form the old list. the new list already started. And they took 11 form the old list and mixed them with the new. So if there is a small class it has to be from the new list. 


 Not true.  The old list ends once they promote from the new list.  Starting bmoc is not being promoted.  Once the first person or class from the new list is officially promoted and sworn in as sergeants, then the old list officially dies.



-- Edited by RookieScum4Life on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 07:17:22 AM


This is totally wrong. The 2009 Sgts list was being promoted off of at the same time that the previous list was. The classes were mixed for I think the first 4. What you have to realize is there really aren't any hard rules on these things other than that a list lasts 4 years after being activated.

Additionally, often Sergeants are promoted up front then get assigned to EMD (I think) until the next BMOC.



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:00:51 PM



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:05:12 PM


 You cannot have two or more active lists.  For seniority purposes, they promote the ones from the previous list before the new or current list but the old one is dead once they promote from the new list.


 Im telling youre wrong. There was an 07 test and an 08 test.  Many people passed the 07 test with 3 years on. The 08 test was being promoted off of while they were waiting for toj. You think they died on the list bc people got promoted off the 08 list? Youre wrong. 

 

Also so if you get passed bc youre jammed if you get cleared with no fault they promote you. No matter what list is being promoted off of at the time. 2 lists can and have been promoted off at the same time. It happens often. 


I'm telling you that you're wrong.  They do not promote off of two lists simultaneously.  A list may come out while there is still an active one but they do not promote from the new one until the old one is exhausted or the 4-year limit is reached. 

If you get passed over solely because of time and the list gets exhausted, by law they still have to promote you even though a new list was established and is the currently active list.  If you get passed over because you are jammed up and not cleared before the list gets exhausted, then you are **** out of luck and have better have taken the last exam because you will not be promoted.


"If you get passed over solely because of time and the list gets exhausted, by law they still have to promote you even though a new list was established and is the currently active list."

In what you wrote above are people getting promoted from two lists at the same time? yes or no? if the answer is yes than you are wrong. 

CSL § 56
PR § 68.1

The Civil Service Law provides that the duration of an eligible list shall be not less than one year or more than four years. If a list has been in existence for one year or more, it shall terminate upon the establishment of an appropriate new list unless the old list is extended by action of the Department of Civil Service. Additionally, should a financial emergency restrict the filling of vacancies, the Department of Civil Service may, in its discretion, extend the duration of the list for a period equivalent to the length of the restriction. Once a list expires, it cannot be revived, nor can an individual whose name was on the expired list receive an appointment on that basis.



-- Edited by ohnoes on Thursday 1st of February 2018 01:47:15 AM

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Here are some numbers to put things in perspective judging from the current rate of promotion.
BMOC is 6 weeks now, so 2 classes will take about 3 months.
84 promoted in the first class of the year
60 scheduled to be promoted in the second class.

That means 144 promoted in the 1st quarter (3 months) and 576 promoted in the year.

If they continue to move at that rate, they can promote 2304 in 4 years.

Obviously 2 classes is not enough information to predict the rate of all 4 years. But, they are starting at a very good rate to move along nicely.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 151
Date:

ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
Arrow wrote:

It cant be form the old list. the new list already started. And they took 11 form the old list and mixed them with the new. So if there is a small class it has to be from the new list. 


 Not true.  The old list ends once they promote from the new list.  Starting bmoc is not being promoted.  Once the first person or class from the new list is officially promoted and sworn in as sergeants, then the old list officially dies.



-- Edited by RookieScum4Life on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 07:17:22 AM


This is totally wrong. The 2009 Sgts list was being promoted off of at the same time that the previous list was. The classes were mixed for I think the first 4. What you have to realize is there really aren't any hard rules on these things other than that a list lasts 4 years after being activated.

Additionally, often Sergeants are promoted up front then get assigned to EMD (I think) until the next BMOC.



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:00:51 PM



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:05:12 PM


 You cannot have two or more active lists.  For seniority purposes, they promote the ones from the previous list before the new or current list but the old one is dead once they promote from the new list.


 Im telling youre wrong. There was an 07 test and an 08 test.  Many people passed the 07 test with 3 years on. The 08 test was being promoted off of while they were waiting for toj. You think they died on the list bc people got promoted off the 08 list? Youre wrong. 

 

Also so if you get passed bc youre jammed if you get cleared with no fault they promote you. No matter what list is being promoted off of at the time. 2 lists can and have been promoted off at the same time. It happens often. 


I'm telling you that you're wrong.  They do not promote off of two lists simultaneously.  A list may come out while there is still an active one but they do not promote from the new one until the old one is exhausted or the 4-year limit is reached. 

If you get passed over solely because of time and the list gets exhausted, by law they still have to promote you even though a new list was established and is the currently active list.  If you get passed over because you are jammed up and not cleared before the list gets exhausted, then you are **** out of luck and have better have taken the last exam because you will not be promoted.


"If you get passed over solely because of time and the list gets exhausted, by law they still have to promote you even though a new list was established and is the currently active list."

In what you wrote above are people getting promoted from two lists at the same time? yes or no? if the answer is yes than you are wrong. 

CSL § 56
PR § 68.1

The Civil Service Law provides that the duration of an eligible list shall be not less than one year or more than four years. If a list has been in existence for one year or more, it shall terminate upon the establishment of an appropriate new list unless the old list is extended by action of the Department of Civil Service. Additionally, should a financial emergency restrict the filling of vacancies, the Department of Civil Service may, in its discretion, extend the duration of the list for a period equivalent to the length of the restriction. Once a list expires, it cannot be revived, nor can an individual whose name was on the expired list receive an appointment on that basis.

I'll say it for the last time because you seem to be having trouble understanding.  PROMOTIONS ARE FROM ONE LIST AND ONE LIST ONLY.  You do realize that as a cop you need 3 years on to take the exam and 5 years to be promoted right? And as a supervisor you need a day in rank to take the exam and 2 years in rank to be promoted. That is a difference of 2 years all around.  Can a list be established, promoted from and then be exhausted in two years?  Yes.  Does it happen?.  Extremely rare and almost never.  So the issue of getting passed over by time and not getting promoted rarely and pretty much never happens.  Everything I have been saying from the beginning of this nonsense post has been exactly right and you were wrong.  Deal with it and move on.

-- Edited by ohnoes on Thursday 1st of February 2018 01:47:15 AM


 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

I heard 50 are going in on February 19th

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
Arrow wrote:

It cant be form the old list. the new list already started. And they took 11 form the old list and mixed them with the new. So if there is a small class it has to be from the new list. 


 Not true.  The old list ends once they promote from the new list.  Starting bmoc is not being promoted.  Once the first person or class from the new list is officially promoted and sworn in as sergeants, then the old list officially dies.



-- Edited by RookieScum4Life on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 07:17:22 AM


This is totally wrong. The 2009 Sgts list was being promoted off of at the same time that the previous list was. The classes were mixed for I think the first 4. What you have to realize is there really aren't any hard rules on these things other than that a list lasts 4 years after being activated.

Additionally, often Sergeants are promoted up front then get assigned to EMD (I think) until the next BMOC.



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:00:51 PM



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:05:12 PM


 You cannot have two or more active lists.  For seniority purposes, they promote the ones from the previous list before the new or current list but the old one is dead once they promote from the new list.


 Im telling youre wrong. There was an 07 test and an 08 test.  Many people passed the 07 test with 3 years on. The 08 test was being promoted off of while they were waiting for toj. You think they died on the list bc people got promoted off the 08 list? Youre wrong. 

 

Also so if you get passed bc youre jammed if you get cleared with no fault they promote you. No matter what list is being promoted off of at the time. 2 lists can and have been promoted off at the same time. It happens often. 


I'm telling you that you're wrong.  They do not promote off of two lists simultaneously.  A list may come out while there is still an active one but they do not promote from the new one until the old one is exhausted or the 4-year limit is reached. 

If you get passed over solely because of time and the list gets exhausted, by law they still have to promote you even though a new list was established and is the currently active list.  If you get passed over because you are jammed up and not cleared before the list gets exhausted, then you are **** out of luck and have better have taken the last exam because you will not be promoted.


"If you get passed over solely because of time and the list gets exhausted, by law they still have to promote you even though a new list was established and is the currently active list."

In what you wrote above are people getting promoted from two lists at the same time? yes or no? if the answer is yes than you are wrong. 

CSL § 56
PR § 68.1

The Civil Service Law provides that the duration of an eligible list shall be not less than one year or more than four years. If a list has been in existence for one year or more, it shall terminate upon the establishment of an appropriate new list unless the old list is extended by action of the Department of Civil Service. Additionally, should a financial emergency restrict the filling of vacancies, the Department of Civil Service may, in its discretion, extend the duration of the list for a period equivalent to the length of the restriction. Once a list expires, it cannot be revived, nor can an individual whose name was on the expired list receive an appointment on that basis.

I'll say it for the last time because you seem to be having trouble understanding.  PROMOTIONS ARE FROM ONE LIST AND ONE LIST ONLY.  You do realize that as a cop you need 3 years on to take the exam and 5 years to be promoted right? And as a supervisor you need a day in rank to take the exam and 2 years in rank to be promoted. That is a difference of 2 years all around.  Can a list be established, promoted from and then be exhausted in two years?  Yes.  Does it happen?.  Extremely rare and almost never.  So the issue of getting passed over by time and not getting promoted rarely and pretty much never happens.  Everything I have been saying from the beginning of this nonsense post has been exactly right and you were wrong.  Deal with it and move on.

-- Edited by ohnoes on Thursday 1st of February 2018 01:47:15 AM


 


Are you stupid? There was an 07, 08 and 09 Sergeants test. One of those tests had like 300 passers. 

 

I copied the law which clearly says if the Department of Civil Service decides they can promote off of two lists simultaneously. Which I personally know they have done, because I was promoted off an old list while a new list was in the hundreds. Many people in my BMOC class were from the old list because we all hit 5 years at the same time. The class after mine a few of the jam ups got cleared and then they got promoted.

Go to the Civil Service Law like I did, it's not hard to find, show me where it refutes this. Show me where it says 2 lists will never be promoted off at the same time.



-- Edited by ohnoes on Thursday 1st of February 2018 11:58:55 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 227
Date:

Question... are we done with the old exam or Not? Asking for... all of us. If so, irrelevant bantering, if it is, sucks, but good for those people.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 105
Date:

From now on its 2016 Sgt exam, lets enjoy the next 4 year wait lol.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 151
Date:

ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
Arrow wrote:

It cant be form the old list. the new list already started. And they took 11 form the old list and mixed them with the new. So if there is a small class it has to be from the new list. 


 Not true.  The old list ends once they promote from the new list.  Starting bmoc is not being promoted.  Once the first person or class from the new list is officially promoted and sworn in as sergeants, then the old list officially dies.



-- Edited by RookieScum4Life on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 07:17:22 AM


This is totally wrong. The 2009 Sgts list was being promoted off of at the same time that the previous list was. The classes were mixed for I think the first 4. What you have to realize is there really aren't any hard rules on these things other than that a list lasts 4 years after being activated.

Additionally, often Sergeants are promoted up front then get assigned to EMD (I think) until the next BMOC.



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:00:51 PM



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:05:12 PM


 You cannot have two or more active lists.  For seniority purposes, they promote the ones from the previous list before the new or current list but the old one is dead once they promote from the new list.


 Im telling youre wrong. There was an 07 test and an 08 test.  Many people passed the 07 test with 3 years on. The 08 test was being promoted off of while they were waiting for toj. You think they died on the list bc people got promoted off the 08 list? Youre wrong. 

 

Also so if you get passed bc youre jammed if you get cleared with no fault they promote you. No matter what list is being promoted off of at the time. 2 lists can and have been promoted off at the same time. It happens often. 


I'm telling you that you're wrong.  They do not promote off of two lists simultaneously.  A list may come out while there is still an active one but they do not promote from the new one until the old one is exhausted or the 4-year limit is reached. 

If you get passed over solely because of time and the list gets exhausted, by law they still have to promote you even though a new list was established and is the currently active list.  If you get passed over because you are jammed up and not cleared before the list gets exhausted, then you are **** out of luck and have better have taken the last exam because you will not be promoted.


"If you get passed over solely because of time and the list gets exhausted, by law they still have to promote you even though a new list was established and is the currently active list."

In what you wrote above are people getting promoted from two lists at the same time? yes or no? if the answer is yes than you are wrong. 

CSL § 56
PR § 68.1

The Civil Service Law provides that the duration of an eligible list shall be not less than one year or more than four years. If a list has been in existence for one year or more, it shall terminate upon the establishment of an appropriate new list unless the old list is extended by action of the Department of Civil Service. Additionally, should a financial emergency restrict the filling of vacancies, the Department of Civil Service may, in its discretion, extend the duration of the list for a period equivalent to the length of the restriction. Once a list expires, it cannot be revived, nor can an individual whose name was on the expired list receive an appointment on that basis.

I'll say it for the last time because you seem to be having trouble understanding.  PROMOTIONS ARE FROM ONE LIST AND ONE LIST ONLY.  You do realize that as a cop you need 3 years on to take the exam and 5 years to be promoted right? And as a supervisor you need a day in rank to take the exam and 2 years in rank to be promoted. That is a difference of 2 years all around.  Can a list be established, promoted from and then be exhausted in two years?  Yes.  Does it happen?.  Extremely rare and almost never.  So the issue of getting passed over by time and not getting promoted rarely and pretty much never happens.  Everything I have been saying from the beginning of this nonsense post has been exactly right and you were wrong.  Deal with it and move on.

-- Edited by ohnoes on Thursday 1st of February 2018 01:47:15 AM


 


Are you stupid? There was an 07, 08 and 09 Sergeants test. One of those tests had like 300 passers. 

 

I copied the law which clearly says if the Department of Civil Service decides they can promote off of two lists simultaneously. Which I personally know they have done, because I was promoted off an old list while a new list was in the hundreds. Many people in my BMOC class were from the old list because we all hit 5 years at the same time. The class after mine a few of the jam ups got cleared and then they got promoted.

Go to the Civil Service Law like I did, it's not hard to find, show me where it refutes this. Show me where it says 2 lists will never be promoted off at the same time.



-- Edited by ohnoes on Thursday 1st of February 2018 11:58:55 PM


Lol, am I stupid? No, I'm not stupid.  I am well aware of those tests being giving since I wrote one of them, ****head.  Each of those lists was exhausted before the next one was promoted from.

****head, can't you read?  That's not what it says.  It says that if a list will be terminated after 1 year unless a new list is established or it gets extended 3 times for a total of 4 years.  It says nothing about promoting from both.  A list can be established but not promoted from.

Since you claim that promotions can happen from 2 separate lists simultaneously (which it can't) please tell me how they would promote names from the lists.  If they need 40 sergeants, do they take 20 from list A and then 20 from list B? Is it 30 from list A and 10 from list B?  Also since one list (let's say A) had to be established before the other (let's say B), if they promote from both at the same time (again which can't happen) do they both get the same seniority even though those on list A took a test before those on list B?  Shouldn't those on list A be promoted before everyone else on list B since they took the previous test and have been waiting longer?   See why your insistence on 2 lists being promoted off at the same time makes no sense and doesn't happen? 



-- Edited by RookieScum4Life on Friday 2nd of February 2018 06:21:39 AM

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Date:

This back-and-forth between RookieScum and ohnoes is awesome.

*Runs to microwave to make popcorn*

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 227
Date:

Damn. You guys are going in hard on an irrelevant topic at the moment. Lol. Appreciate the info but it's no point any longer. 

 

WE have bigger problems like... Diblasio and federal aid 

-- Edited by yougonow on Friday 2nd of February 2018 01:11:36 PM



-- Edited by yougonow on Friday 2nd of February 2018 01:13:36 PM



-- Edited by yougonow on Friday 2nd of February 2018 02:34:04 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 102
Date:

CitrusDGS wrote:

This back-and-forth between RookieScum and ohnoes is awesome.

*Runs to microwave to make popcorn*


 Lmaosmile



__________________
And still I rise!


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
Arrow wrote:

It cant be form the old list. the new list already started. And they took 11 form the old list and mixed them with the new. So if there is a small class it has to be from the new list. 


 Not true.  The old list ends once they promote from the new list.  Starting bmoc is not being promoted.  Once the first person or class from the new list is officially promoted and sworn in as sergeants, then the old list officially dies.



-- Edited by RookieScum4Life on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 07:17:22 AM


This is totally wrong. The 2009 Sgts list was being promoted off of at the same time that the previous list was. The classes were mixed for I think the first 4. What you have to realize is there really aren't any hard rules on these things other than that a list lasts 4 years after being activated.

Additionally, often Sergeants are promoted up front then get assigned to EMD (I think) until the next BMOC.



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:00:51 PM



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:05:12 PM


 You cannot have two or more active lists.  For seniority purposes, they promote the ones from the previous list before the new or current list but the old one is dead once they promote from the new list.


 Im telling youre wrong. There was an 07 test and an 08 test.  Many people passed the 07 test with 3 years on. The 08 test was being promoted off of while they were waiting for toj. You think they died on the list bc people got promoted off the 08 list? Youre wrong. 

 

Also so if you get passed bc youre jammed if you get cleared with no fault they promote you. No matter what list is being promoted off of at the time. 2 lists can and have been promoted off at the same time. It happens often. 


I'm telling you that you're wrong.  They do not promote off of two lists simultaneously.  A list may come out while there is still an active one but they do not promote from the new one until the old one is exhausted or the 4-year limit is reached. 

If you get passed over solely because of time and the list gets exhausted, by law they still have to promote you even though a new list was established and is the currently active list.  If you get passed over because you are jammed up and not cleared before the list gets exhausted, then you are **** out of luck and have better have taken the last exam because you will not be promoted.


"If you get passed over solely because of time and the list gets exhausted, by law they still have to promote you even though a new list was established and is the currently active list."

In what you wrote above are people getting promoted from two lists at the same time? yes or no? if the answer is yes than you are wrong. 

CSL § 56
PR § 68.1

The Civil Service Law provides that the duration of an eligible list shall be not less than one year or more than four years. If a list has been in existence for one year or more, it shall terminate upon the establishment of an appropriate new list unless the old list is extended by action of the Department of Civil Service. Additionally, should a financial emergency restrict the filling of vacancies, the Department of Civil Service may, in its discretion, extend the duration of the list for a period equivalent to the length of the restriction. Once a list expires, it cannot be revived, nor can an individual whose name was on the expired list receive an appointment on that basis.

I'll say it for the last time because you seem to be having trouble understanding.  PROMOTIONS ARE FROM ONE LIST AND ONE LIST ONLY.  You do realize that as a cop you need 3 years on to take the exam and 5 years to be promoted right? And as a supervisor you need a day in rank to take the exam and 2 years in rank to be promoted. That is a difference of 2 years all around.  Can a list be established, promoted from and then be exhausted in two years?  Yes.  Does it happen?.  Extremely rare and almost never.  So the issue of getting passed over by time and not getting promoted rarely and pretty much never happens.  Everything I have been saying from the beginning of this nonsense post has been exactly right and you were wrong.  Deal with it and move on.

-- Edited by ohnoes on Thursday 1st of February 2018 01:47:15 AM


 


Are you stupid? There was an 07, 08 and 09 Sergeants test. One of those tests had like 300 passers. 

 

I copied the law which clearly says if the Department of Civil Service decides they can promote off of two lists simultaneously. Which I personally know they have done, because I was promoted off an old list while a new list was in the hundreds. Many people in my BMOC class were from the old list because we all hit 5 years at the same time. The class after mine a few of the jam ups got cleared and then they got promoted.

Go to the Civil Service Law like I did, it's not hard to find, show me where it refutes this. Show me where it says 2 lists will never be promoted off at the same time.



-- Edited by ohnoes on Thursday 1st of February 2018 11:58:55 PM


Lol, am I stupid? No, I'm not stupid.  I am well aware of those tests being giving since I wrote one of them, ****head.  Each of those lists was exhausted before the next one was promoted from.

****head, can't you read?  That's not what it says.  It says that if a list will be terminated after 1 year unless a new list is established or it gets extended 3 times for a total of 4 years.  It says nothing about promoting from both.  A list can be established but not promoted from.

Since you claim that promotions can happen from 2 separate lists simultaneously (which it can't) please tell me how they would promote names from the lists.  If they need 40 sergeants, do they take 20 from list A and then 20 from list B? Is it 30 from list A and 10 from list B?  Also since one list (let's say A) had to be established before the other (let's say B), if they promote from both at the same time (again which can't happen) do they both get the same seniority even though those on list A took a test before those on list B?  Shouldn't those on list A be promoted before everyone else on list B since they took the previous test and have been waiting longer?   See why your insistence on 2 lists being promoted off at the same time makes no sense and doesn't happen? 



-- Edited by RookieScum4Life on Friday 2nd of February 2018 06:21:39 AM


 So you interpret the civil service law which says

"The Civil Service Law provides that the duration of an eligible list shall be not less than one year or more than four years. If a list has been in existence for one year or more, it shall terminate upon the establishment of an appropriate new list unless the old list is extended by action of the Department of Civil Service."

You think this means...

"that if a list will be terminated after 1 year unless a new list is established or it gets extended 3 times for a total of 4 years.  It says nothing about promoting from both.  A list can be established but not promoted from."

Let me help you "test writer." Here is what it says: A list will last a minimum of one year and a max of four. A list will expire after the establishment of another list UNLESS the Department of Civil Service extends the existing list. It's clear as day. Reading is fundamental. 

And what would be the purpose of extending a lists life when another is existing, in your world it's so they can look at it I guess, in the real world it's so they can promote off it. When they promote, the people from the previous list are ranked first then the rest of the people from the newer list, for seniority purposes. Because you're dumb I'll explain it more clearly. If they need 45 people and 10 from the previous are now eligible, the class would be 10 from the previous list and the next 35 eligible from from the newer list. I see you ahve trouble with simple concepts, but it's basic math. 



-- Edited by ohnoes on Friday 2nd of February 2018 04:21:40 PM

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Date:

2 children needing to get the last word in, irrelevant topic, NO ONE CARES!  Whens the next class and whats the size, end of story 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Date:

Let's talk about something positive on here, like what benefits does sba have compared to the pba? Is the annuity rate different compared to what we get as a cop and how many chart days does a patrol Sgt get?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 56
Date:

Futureauxiliary wrote:

Lets not forget the list isnt really 2,600. Factor in all resignations and the ones that are to come + jam sandwiches that will be held toawrds the end of list. List will be cleared 4 years from now. Its 2018 not 2008.


 factor in everything its likely around 2450-2525 after resignations jam jobs etc



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 151
Date:

ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
ohnoes wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:
Arrow wrote:

It cant be form the old list. the new list already started. And they took 11 form the old list and mixed them with the new. So if there is a small class it has to be from the new list. 


 Not true.  The old list ends once they promote from the new list.  Starting bmoc is not being promoted.  Once the first person or class from the new list is officially promoted and sworn in as sergeants, then the old list officially dies.



-- Edited by RookieScum4Life on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 07:17:22 AM


This is totally wrong. The 2009 Sgts list was being promoted off of at the same time that the previous list was. The classes were mixed for I think the first 4. What you have to realize is there really aren't any hard rules on these things other than that a list lasts 4 years after being activated.

Additionally, often Sergeants are promoted up front then get assigned to EMD (I think) until the next BMOC.



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:00:51 PM



-- Edited by ohnoes on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 02:05:12 PM


 You cannot have two or more active lists.  For seniority purposes, they promote the ones from the previous list before the new or current list but the old one is dead once they promote from the new list.


 Im telling youre wrong. There was an 07 test and an 08 test.  Many people passed the 07 test with 3 years on. The 08 test was being promoted off of while they were waiting for toj. You think they died on the list bc people got promoted off the 08 list? Youre wrong. 

 

Also so if you get passed bc youre jammed if you get cleared with no fault they promote you. No matter what list is being promoted off of at the time. 2 lists can and have been promoted off at the same time. It happens often. 


I'm telling you that you're wrong.  They do not promote off of two lists simultaneously.  A list may come out while there is still an active one but they do not promote from the new one until the old one is exhausted or the 4-year limit is reached. 

If you get passed over solely because of time and the list gets exhausted, by law they still have to promote you even though a new list was established and is the currently active list.  If you get passed over because you are jammed up and not cleared before the list gets exhausted, then you are **** out of luck and have better have taken the last exam because you will not be promoted.


"If you get passed over solely because of time and the list gets exhausted, by law they still have to promote you even though a new list was established and is the currently active list."

In what you wrote above are people getting promoted from two lists at the same time? yes or no? if the answer is yes than you are wrong. 

CSL § 56
PR § 68.1

The Civil Service Law provides that the duration of an eligible list shall be not less than one year or more than four years. If a list has been in existence for one year or more, it shall terminate upon the establishment of an appropriate new list unless the old list is extended by action of the Department of Civil Service. Additionally, should a financial emergency restrict the filling of vacancies, the Department of Civil Service may, in its discretion, extend the duration of the list for a period equivalent to the length of the restriction. Once a list expires, it cannot be revived, nor can an individual whose name was on the expired list receive an appointment on that basis.

I'll say it for the last time because you seem to be having trouble understanding.  PROMOTIONS ARE FROM ONE LIST AND ONE LIST ONLY.  You do realize that as a cop you need 3 years on to take the exam and 5 years to be promoted right? And as a supervisor you need a day in rank to take the exam and 2 years in rank to be promoted. That is a difference of 2 years all around.  Can a list be established, promoted from and then be exhausted in two years?  Yes.  Does it happen?.  Extremely rare and almost never.  So the issue of getting passed over by time and not getting promoted rarely and pretty much never happens.  Everything I have been saying from the beginning of this nonsense post has been exactly right and you were wrong.  Deal with it and move on.

-- Edited by ohnoes on Thursday 1st of February 2018 01:47:15 AM


 


Are you stupid? There was an 07, 08 and 09 Sergeants test. One of those tests had like 300 passers. 

 

I copied the law which clearly says if the Department of Civil Service decides they can promote off of two lists simultaneously. Which I personally know they have done, because I was promoted off an old list while a new list was in the hundreds. Many people in my BMOC class were from the old list because we all hit 5 years at the same time. The class after mine a few of the jam ups got cleared and then they got promoted.

Go to the Civil Service Law like I did, it's not hard to find, show me where it refutes this. Show me where it says 2 lists will never be promoted off at the same time.



-- Edited by ohnoes on Thursday 1st of February 2018 11:58:55 PM


Lol, am I stupid? No, I'm not stupid.  I am well aware of those tests being giving since I wrote one of them, ****head.  Each of those lists was exhausted before the next one was promoted from.

****head, can't you read?  That's not what it says.  It says that if a list will be terminated after 1 year unless a new list is established or it gets extended 3 times for a total of 4 years.  It says nothing about promoting from both.  A list can be established but not promoted from.

Since you claim that promotions can happen from 2 separate lists simultaneously (which it can't) please tell me how they would promote names from the lists.  If they need 40 sergeants, do they take 20 from list A and then 20 from list B? Is it 30 from list A and 10 from list B?  Also since one list (let's say A) had to be established before the other (let's say B), if they promote from both at the same time (again which can't happen) do they both get the same seniority even though those on list A took a test before those on list B?  Shouldn't those on list A be promoted before everyone else on list B since they took the previous test and have been waiting longer?   See why your insistence on 2 lists being promoted off at the same time makes no sense and doesn't happen? 



-- Edited by RookieScum4Life on Friday 2nd of February 2018 06:21:39 AM


 So you interpret the civil service law which says

"The Civil Service Law provides that the duration of an eligible list shall be not less than one year or more than four years. If a list has been in existence for one year or more, it shall terminate upon the establishment of an appropriate new list unless the old list is extended by action of the Department of Civil Service."

You think this means...

"that if a list will be terminated after 1 year unless a new list is established or it gets extended 3 times for a total of 4 years.  It says nothing about promoting from both.  A list can be established but not promoted from."

Let me help you "test writer." Here is what it says: A list will last a minimum of one year and a max of four. A list will expire after the establishment of another list UNLESS the Department of Civil Service extends the existing list. It's clear as day. Reading is fundamental. 

And what would be the purpose of extending a lists life when another is existing, in your world it's so they can look at it I guess, in the real world it's so they can promote off it. When they promote, the people from the previous list are ranked first then the rest of the people from the newer list, for seniority purposes. Because you're dumb I'll explain it more clearly. If they need 45 people and 10 from the previous are now eligible, the class would be 10 from the previous list and the next 35 eligible from from the newer list. I see you ahve trouble with simple concepts, but it's basic math. 



-- Edited by ohnoes on Friday 2nd of February 2018 04:21:40 PM


You really are dense, aren't you?  A list is good for one year.  I can be extended 3 times for a total of 4 years.  Exactly what it says.  They extend the lists so they can promote as many people as they can from it.  They don't like killing lists if they don't have to. 

They promoted the remaining eligibles (minus jam ups) from the 2013 lists a week before the promotions from the 2016 list.  Why you ask? BECAUSE ONCE YOU PROMOTE FROM THE NEW LIST THE OLD LIST IS DEAD.

I'm done with this clown.  You are completely wrong.  Go ask Uniform Promotions in Personnel and Labor Relations and they'll tell you how wrong you are.  I can't believe you're a supervisor on this job.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 375
Date:

Anyone in BMOC hear anything about the Lts List or future LT promotions? I know its Sgts forum but you guys are the only ones with an ear over at the academy..

__________________

The only thing worse than the wait is the useless info provided by theforceisstrongwiththisone Pls delete this clowns account! 

«First  <  1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard