Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: THE REAL QUESTION IS


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 119
Date:
THE REAL QUESTION IS


WHICH SCHOOL REALLY PREPARED YOU FOR THIS EXAM

IM GOING TO SAY ELITE WAS ON POINT

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 739
Date:

The patrol guide.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

Rising Star!!!



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 129
Date:

Elite. Mike is on point with how to study starting with the Sgts exam for me

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 119
Date:

this exam was nothing like rising star question sorry to say



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

neverAgain wrote:

this exam was nothing like rising star question sorry to say


 Rising Star prepared you very well,..their live Classes were on point 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 137
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:

Rising Star!!!


my man! Same here!



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 137
Date:

neverAgain wrote:

this exam was nothing like rising star question sorry to say


 Yeah they were 100x harder thats why you were able to see the little

tricks



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 739
Date:

neverAgain wrote:

this exam was nothing like rising star question sorry to say


 And thats a good thing!

As always their questions were harder than the real thing.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 129
Date:

I paid for Elite, Rising star and Key app questions. I used Elite as my main class, the rising star questions were good but I used them only to supplement my studying.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 137
Date:

Oooh-yeah wrote:

I paid for Elite, Rising star and Key app questions. I used Elite as my main class, the rising star questions were good but I used them only to supplement my studying.


 I would say that the test questions had an elite feel to them



-- Edited by Drstylez12 on Wednesday 1st of November 2017 07:06:35 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 467
Date:

Not for nothing, for this particular test every school would be good. Even if you printed out pg from NYPD intranet and read it on daily basis you could pass the test

__________________
n/a


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

Drstylez12 wrote:
neverAgain wrote:

this exam was nothing like rising star question sorry to say


 Yeah they were 100x harder thats why you were able to see the little

tricks


 There you go,..Rising Star prepared us for the hardest questions on that exam,.I think the rest of the courses were also on point,..however, The Rising Star really help me with this exam



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 357
Date:

The Essential guide was the TRUTH. I didn't open the actual patrol guide.
Just didn't like that the course ended like 6 weeks before the exam. They should throw in a multi week cram, I wouldve shelled out the extra cash for it. Also Tony's motivational speeches in class helped .


Got the Key App which helped me on time management. And did Elites 4 week cram in 2 weeks I don't think that helped much.



-- Edited by FranknBeans on Wednesday 1st of November 2017 09:02:14 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

FranknBeans wrote:

The Essential guide was the TRUTH. I didn't open the actual patrol guide.
Just didn't like that the course ended like 6 weeks before the exam. They should throw in a multi week cram, I wouldve shelled out the extra cash for it. Also Tony's motivational speeches in class helped .


Got the Key App which helped me on time management. And did Elites 4 week cram in 2 weeks I don't think that helped much.



-- Edited by FranknBeans on Wednesday 1st of November 2017 09:02:14 PM


Sounds like a lot of guys did more than one school eh? 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 357
Date:

Only reason I did Elite was cause of how early Rising Star ended. I did redo a lot of their stuff but a class setting helps.

Like the Key App u can whip out on the desk do A quiz here and there. But from January to July it was only Rising star.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 137
Date:

Eddy and Tony were both great but I have to give up to Bryan as well for stressing on the crime reference guide.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Date:

Rising star hands down! The actual test was easier, but doing the Rising Star questions really helped my comprehension.
The classes also was the best! I went into that test knowing the pg better than I thought was possible. I was ready for anything. Lol

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Date:

Drstylez12 wrote:

Eddy and Tony were both great but I have to give up to Bryan as well for stressing on the crime reference guide.


 Agreed. I didn't see tony much but I watched all his videos. The different instructor styles was what I like the most. Tony with his how to attack a question, Brian with fact pattern and ed with his lemme show you how they can f you. Lol



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 357
Date:

Ed's way of doing the inbasket helped A lot!



-- Edited by FranknBeans on Wednesday 1st of November 2017 09:41:02 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 101
Date:

Ed saved me with the in basket. 2 prior exams and dropped a total of at least 15 points. 15/15 on this one thanks to ed

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 357
Date:

Drstylez12 wrote:

Eddy and Tony were both great but I have to give up to Bryan as well for stressing on the crime reference guide.


 That counted for a point. And a complicated one at that!



__________________
cat


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 372
Date:

I didn't do the in basket the rising star way because I've always been good on the in basket so why change up something that works. I do commend them for giving others an alternative way of approaching it. Overall, rising star was aces! If you did what they told you and went to class or watched the lessons I can't see how would not have scored a 90+ on this test.
Never in a million years did I think I could score an 84 on an nypd promotional exam LET ALONE a 94! Ninety f'n four baby!!!
Gimme my bars now!!!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

Lieutenantorbust wrote:
Drstylez12 wrote:

Eddy and Tony were both great but I have to give up to Bryan as well for stressing on the crime reference guide.


 Agreed. I didn't see tony much but I watched all his videos. The different instructor styles was what I like the most. Tony with his how to attack a question, Brian with fact pattern and ed with his lemme show you how they can f you. Lol


Im Telling you those guys are the real deal ,..glad you agree with me ,...their material was on point. I only dropped 1 question Im the in-basket,..



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 357
Date:

They got a good thing going. To be able to read an entire PG section like 203/206/216 in a couple hours vs the patrol guide is great. And I didnt feel like I missed something.



-- Edited by FranknBeans on Wednesday 1st of November 2017 10:06:36 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 177
Date:

Did the full Key & Rising Star as well as the Elite 4-Week Cram and every cram from every school.... Rising Star taught you how to look for tricky questions and how not to jump the to the first answer that appeared right which was key in this test. Elites Crams are always on point I can't say for his regular class because I've never taken it. I also did the key this time around and was very disappointed their material was printed way in advance and already outdated by the time the class started I found myself constantly looking up stuff in the patrol guide fixing their errors. I did the same thing for Sgt as I did for LT.... Rising Star & The Key with the Elite Crams as well as doing every schools in Basket. I may not be a genius but the repetition it worked for me this time around for an 85. Money well invested in my humble opinion.



-- Edited by monkeybones on Thursday 2nd of November 2017 12:18:25 AM

__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Book



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 739
Date:

Rising star helped me make Lt. I would be stupid to not use them for Capt.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 451
Date:

I ended up doing two promotional schools as well...elite and rising star. At the end of the day my score will be in the 90s. Unfortunately they make these exams so damn hard you have to sign up for two schools. Rising star for their insane questions and elite for its elite guide. Just my two cents....

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Haven't seen much love for The Key on here. I think their materials were great for this exam.

__________________
cat


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 372
Date:

Flatbread King wrote:

Haven't seen much love for The Key on here. I think their materials were great for this exam.


 I did key for sgt, they were good then, considering the options. But with elite and rising star in the game they needed to bring their game up. They didn't. With elite and the key the last time around they were ok. At least there was an option. fast forward to 2017...rising star entering the live class business is a major game changer. they came in guns blazing and really blew the competition out of the water. Among the 3 schools the key was the 90 pound weaking that had to be cut. Not a knock on their legacy, but that's the truth. 10+- years from now some new jacks are gonna come along and knock rising star on their asses, but until that time comes theyre the big swinging dicks in the test prep business 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Date:

I took the Elite classes and did the Rising-star questions, but the best way to ace these exams is to read the entire Patrol Guide (no shortcuts). I read the PG and used the questions from those classes as a supplement.



-- Edited by PD2FD on Thursday 2nd of November 2017 01:31:20 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 451
Date:

cat wrote:
Flatbread King wrote:

Haven't seen much love for The Key on here. I think their materials were great for this exam.


 I did key for sgt, they were good then, considering the options. But with elite and rising star in the game they needed to bring their game up. They didn't. With elite and the key the last time around they were ok. At least there was an option. fast forward to 2017...rising star entering the live class business is a major game changer. they came in guns blazing and really blew the competition out of the water. Among the 3 schools the key was the 90 pound weaking that had to be cut. Not a knock on their legacy, but that's the truth. 10+- years from now some new jacks are gonna come along and knock rising star on their asses, but until that time comes theyre the big swinging dicks in the test prep business 


 You hit the nail on the head cat. With the live classes eze, tony, and brian took it to another level. Not because they breakdown the procedures like yano does but because they taught you about all the tricks of the trades. The Key had a good run but their time is over. Maybe yano can team up with misfud and take over the number one spot from rising star... we shall see.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 451
Date:

I was really hoping the blueline leaders were going to be that fresh new blood the promotional school arena needs...hopefully they will regroup and come back stronger than ever. Aside from the few questions that appeared to be suspect, the majority of them were on point.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 672
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:

I was really hoping the blueline leaders were going to be that fresh new blood the promotional school arena needs...hopefully they will regroup and come back stronger than ever. Aside from the few questions that appeared to be suspect, the majority of them were on point.


 Suspect? They were outright plagiarizing questions from RS and the Key.

 

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 451
Date:

Im not taking any sides was just trying to make the point that there are new jacks trying to make it the promotional school industry. Hopefully othera will have more success trying to get into the market.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 451
Date:
So whose the best instructor in the game...


Eze, tony, brian, yano, misfud, shea, ralph? Plus any others i missed. My list of best promotional school instructors is as follows:

1. Eze..he's the legend that started it all.

2. Yano...hardest working guy in the biz.

3. Misfud...the realest instructor out there.

4. Tony... the wild card

5. Brian.... the safe bet

6. Shea.... the old reliable

7. Ralph.... the smartest guy in the game...



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Mifsud has my vote, but he is also the only instructor that I ever used so...

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Date:
THE REAL QUESTION IS


Im a key guy.....Sgt 2013 - they were solid - Lt 2017 - they lacked updates - and really messed up with scheduling with last minute CRAMS which werent initially in the schedule but I, like many, complained and asked for CRAM PACKETS - this time around - I did straight packets and I passed with an 86 - but the key rushed material with 1-2 off weeks in a 20 week course - that was my only gripe this time around - rushed material....and if it wasnt for changing the exam from the 16th to 23rd....the key wouldve left us with 7 days to review 202-221 - smh

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

EZE is the best man!!!!,...Then George,....period !!!!

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Date:

neverAgain wrote:

WHICH SCHOOL REALLY PREPARED YOU FOR THIS EXAM

IM GOING TO SAY ELITE WAS ON POINT

 


 

THE KEY APP $24.99



-- Edited by ROCKY IV SKIN on Thursday 2nd of November 2017 04:38:52 PM

__________________



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:

Never really saw a rising star class. Their questions and material, however, are second to none.
For those who took/sat in the rising star classes, how was it different from the other schools? or is it the same thing. Somehow I can't sit in a classroom

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 266
Date:

KEY 100%. Did well on 2013 Sgt test, and hopefully top 50 this test, and pretty much strictly reading packets. No PG. Ralph pointed out numerous topics at class that were specifically tested, and I probably wouldn't have paid as much attention to those points if not for him.

I do agree, however, that they are lucky that the test got pushed back, otherwise we wouldnt have gotten 221 until week before the test. And the owner (monahan?) is def money hungry, charging extra for everything. I asked him once before the sgt test to explain how to properly answer the judgement questions. He said he was going to discuss that at the crams. I said, yeah, but we have to pay extra for those and a lot of people aren't going. He said maybe I should go to the crams then. And he still never talked about judgement questions during that class. Sour taste in my mouth.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

TransitJoe wrote:

KEY 100%. Did well on 2013 Sgt test, and hopefully top 50 this test, and pretty much strictly reading packets. No PG. Ralph pointed out numerous topics at class that were specifically tested, and I probably wouldn't have paid as much attention to those points if not for him.

I do agree, however, that they are lucky that the test got pushed back, otherwise we wouldnt have gotten 221 until week before the test. And the owner (monahan?) is def money hungry, charging extra for everything. I asked him once before the sgt test to explain how to properly answer the judgement questions. He said he was going to discuss that at the crams. I said, yeah, but we have to pay extra for those and a lot of people aren't going. He said maybe I should go to the crams then. And he still never talked about judgement questions during that class. Sour taste in my mouth.


Stick with Rising Star kid!!!! ,...and George from The Key!!! 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 203
Date:

Word is the list is getting cut... thats the word around

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 739
Date:

Caralho wrote:

Word is the list is getting cut... thats the word around


 Yup. Even people that didnt take the test passed.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 203
Date:

Yep this test was a give me for the cry babies

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Date:

Anyone know how many people total passed this test ?   



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:

Elite

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Date:

I heard the best class to take to pass this exam was Mrs. Linkletters Kindergarten class.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

Jman wrote:

I heard the best class to take to pass this exam was Mrs. Linkletters Kindergarten class.


 Lol,..Too funny. In all seriousness ,..I Believe Rising Star was the best followed by George from The Key !!!! George is ACES!



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard