Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Do you think this list will have a cut off?
List cut off? [162 vote(s)]

No cut off. Everyone will get made.
37.7%
75 and down cut.
40.1%
80 and down cut.
22.2%


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:
Do you think this list will have a cut off?


No problem,....

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

Bigfoot is right, theyre not gonna stock pile the rank just because the list is huge.  The  pc extending the list is also a pipe dream. Keeping a list open for 6 years wouldnt be fair to young motivated Sgts whod easily rock an exam.

.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 101
Date:

I look at the posts here and think how pathetic this department is.  a bunch of nerds just living their life to wear a white shirt and telling a cop or sgt to move a barrier. you are all so pathetic and petty it makes be sick i can't wait to leave 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 129
Date:

fedup wrote:

I look at the posts here and think how pathetic this department is.  a bunch of nerds just living their life to wear a white shirt and telling a cop or sgt to move a barrier. you are all so pathetic and petty it makes be sick i can't wait to leave 


 I have no opinion on whether list gets cut or not. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope everyone gets their day. However Ppl have given up a lot of their time to better themselves on this job and improve QOL life for their families by trying to move up. Ofcourse theyre going to spend time on this forum, we have a lot riding on this. By the way youre here too from what I see?!? Hey FEDUP, I need you to pick up this barrier and move it there... where the sun dont shine. Dont let the door hit you on the way out



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 372
Date:

Oooh-yeah wrote:
fedup wrote:

I look at the posts here and think how pathetic this department is.  a bunch of nerds just living their life to wear a white shirt and telling a cop or sgt to move a barrier. you are all so pathetic and petty it makes be sick i can't wait to leave 


 I have no opinion on whether list gets cut or not. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope everyone gets their day. However Ppl have given up a lot of their time to better themselves on this job and improve QOL life for their families by trying to move up. Ofcourse theyre going to spend time on this forum, we have a lot riding on this. By the way youre here too from what I see?!? Hey FEDUP, I need you to pick up this barrier and move it there... where the sun dont shine. Dont let the door hit you on the way out


 Don't even entertain this loser...He's miserable because he's incapable of passing a simple promotional exam. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

PD2FD wrote:
Oooh-yeah wrote:
fedup wrote:

I look at the posts here and think how pathetic this department is.  a bunch of nerds just living their life to wear a white shirt and telling a cop or sgt to move a barrier. you are all so pathetic and petty it makes be sick i can't wait to leave 


 I have no opinion on whether list gets cut or not. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope everyone gets their day. However Ppl have given up a lot of their time to better themselves on this job and improve QOL life for their families by trying to move up. Ofcourse theyre going to spend time on this forum, we have a lot riding on this. By the way youre here too from what I see?!? Hey FEDUP, I need you to pick up this barrier and move it there... where the sun dont shine. Dont let the door hit you on the way out


 Don't even entertain this loser...He's miserable because he's incapable of passing a simple promotional exam. 


 what a shame ,..this guy has too much anger ,..



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

fedup wrote:

I look at the posts here and think how pathetic this department is.  a bunch of nerds just living their life to wear a white shirt and telling a cop or sgt to move a barrier. you are all so pathetic and petty it makes be sick i can't wait to leave 


 if It makes you that sick then why are you here? Take that nonsense elsewhere,..its city service , you dont need to hang around. 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 177
Date:

 

 

#1 Why did the department rush to squeeze in the entire Sgt List just in time for the LT exam ?

#2 whoever said there can never be a surplus of a specific Rank temporarily ? (Time will bring it back to the Norm)

#3 Did the Department Flood the Sgt Rank and isnt there vacancies with 300 sgts in 4 months ?

# 4 Are there Vacancies in the rank of LT ? 

#5 Does the job want to push for More Captains ? 

 

negative opinions on the list being Cut are useless.. and promises to promote everyone is pointless. 

The answer is simply, we hope for the best but expect the worse. If they wanted a Small list they shouldnt have forced Sgt Promotions in time. Maybe the Department wants and needs a lot of LTs to push for captains and Above. 

Who cares about opinions that the job has 1,700 Lts so why would they hire 1,100 more. 

Nothing on this job makes sense including the use of common sense. The dept will do what they want when they want and how they want. how many cops thought they would not be promoted in time for the LT exam and failed to study cuz of it ?

strange positive **** does happen on this job. 

Sometimes You eat the Bear and sometimes the Bear eats you. Theres no Pattern. 

Stop the Hater talk... congrats if you passed and if you didnt well theres always next time, unless you choose to give up. 

 

 



-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Saturday 4th of November 2017 09:40:45 PM

__________________

Your 2017 Sgt Exam Failed-Passers be like ....

abc-bell-curve

 

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

JDMEVO9 wrote:

 

 

#1 Why did the department rush to squeeze in the entire Sgt List just in time for the LT exam ?

#2 whoever said there can never be a surplus of a specific Rank temporarily ? (Time will bring it back to the Norm)

#3 Did the Department Flood the Sgt Rank and isnt there vacancies with 300 sgts in 4 months ?

# 4 Are there Vacancies in the rank of LT ? 

#5 Does the job want to push for More Captains ? 

 

negative opinions on the list being Cut are useless.. and promises to promote everyone is pointless. 

The answer is simply, we hope for the best but expect the worse. If they wanted a Small list they shouldnt have forced Sgt Promotions in time. Maybe the Department wants and needs a lot of LTs to push for captains and Above. 

Who cares about opinions that the job has 1,700 Lts so why would they hire 1,100 more. 

Nothing on this job makes sense including the use of common sense. The dept will do what they want when they want and how they want. how many cops thought they would not be promoted in time for the LT exam and failed to study cuz of it ?

strange positive **** does happen on this job. 

Sometimes You eat the Bear and sometimes the Bear eats you. Theres no Pattern. 

Stop the Hater talk... congrats if you passed and if you didnt well theres always next time, unless you choose to give up. 

 

 



-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Saturday 4th of November 2017 09:40:45 PM


 Well put brother 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

JDMEVO9 wrote:

 

 

#1 Why did the department rush to squeeze in the entire Sgt List just in time for the LT exam ?

#2 whoever said there can never be a surplus of a specific Rank temporarily ? (Time will bring it back to the Norm)

#3 Did the Department Flood the Sgt Rank and isnt there vacancies with 300 sgts in 4 months ?

# 4 Are there Vacancies in the rank of LT ? 

#5 Does the job want to push for More Captains ? 

 

negative opinions on the list being Cut are useless.. and promises to promote everyone is pointless. 

The answer is simply, we hope for the best but expect the worse. If they wanted a Small list they shouldnt have forced Sgt Promotions in time. Maybe the Department wants and needs a lot of LTs to push for captains and Above. 

Who cares about opinions that the job has 1,700 Lts so why would they hire 1,100 more. 

Nothing on this job makes sense including the use of common sense. The dept will do what they want when they want and how they want. how many cops thought they would not be promoted in time for the LT exam and failed to study cuz of it ?

strange positive **** does happen on this job. 

Sometimes You eat the Bear and sometimes the Bear eats you. Theres no Pattern. 

Stop the Hater talk... congrats if you passed and if you didnt well theres always next time, unless you choose to give up. 

 

 



-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Saturday 4th of November 2017 09:40:45 PM


 I just want to know what you score and how you doing dealing with patrol ? LoL



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 177
Date:

TooSucio4u wrote:
JDMEVO9 wrote:

 

 

#1 Why did the department rush to squeeze in the entire Sgt List just in time for the LT exam ?

#2 whoever said there can never be a surplus of a specific Rank temporarily ? (Time will bring it back to the Norm)

#3 Did the Department Flood the Sgt Rank and isnt there vacancies with 300 sgts in 4 months ?

# 4 Are there Vacancies in the rank of LT ? 

#5 Does the job want to push for More Captains ? 

 

negative opinions on the list being Cut are useless.. and promises to promote everyone is pointless. 

The answer is simply, we hope for the best but expect the worse. If they wanted a Small list they shouldnt have forced Sgt Promotions in time. Maybe the Department wants and needs a lot of LTs to push for captains and Above. 

Who cares about opinions that the job has 1,700 Lts so why would they hire 1,100 more. 

Nothing on this job makes sense including the use of common sense. The dept will do what they want when they want and how they want. how many cops thought they would not be promoted in time for the LT exam and failed to study cuz of it ?

strange positive **** does happen on this job. 

Sometimes You eat the Bear and sometimes the Bear eats you. Theres no Pattern. 

Stop the Hater talk... congrats if you passed and if you didnt well theres always next time, unless you choose to give up. 

 

 



-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Saturday 4th of November 2017 09:40:45 PM


 I just want to know what you score and how you doing dealing with patrol ? LoL


 

 

Huh ? not sure how that question is relevant to the post subject.

PM me 



__________________

Your 2017 Sgt Exam Failed-Passers be like ....

abc-bell-curve

 

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 723
Date:

Just heard from an executive source that the list is in the 1200s. Grain of salt.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:

Just heard from an executive source that the list is in the 1200s. Grain of salt.


 Any info on when it will be established ?



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 115
Date:

When they grade the tests and are done with the protests.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

RS2323 wrote:

When they grade the tests and are done with the protests.


 We know this but there is still an active list ,...



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 804
Date:

DRPAPI, when will you keep your mouth shut. Enough already

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

JustWonderin wrote:

DRPAPI, when will you keep your mouth shut. Enough already


 Easy killah ,..watch yo mouth!



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 723
Date:

Funny how the first few days most votes were for no list cut.

Now the list cut options are narrowing the margin.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 129
Date:

No one knows anything. Ppl can use the average of promotions per year as a guide but that's just a guess. More importantly does anyone have any update on when the list will come out?

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Date:

Oooh-yeah wrote:

No one knows anything. Ppl can use the average of promotions per year as a guide but that's just a guess. More importantly does anyone have any update on when the list will come out?


 My boy in 1PP told me about when the lost is coming out.



__________________

Yeeeeeeee



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 723
Date:

Oooh-yeah wrote:

No one knows anything. Ppl can use the average of promotions per year as a guide but that's just a guess. More importantly does anyone have any update on when the list will come out?


 At the earliest we are looking at april.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 264
Date:

6-8 months is pretty standard. Feb-april

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Date:

TransitJoe wrote:

6-8 months is pretty standard. Feb-april


 I think the list is coming out once they publish it.



__________________

Yeeeeeeee



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 105
Date:

The longer it takes for the list to come out the longer it will last

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 105
Date:

Let the vacancies keep piling up and more of us will be promoted before the list hits the 4 year mark

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

Mike Jones wrote:

Let the vacancies keep piling up and more of us will be promoted before the list hits the 4 year mark


 Im with it ,....plus, there are a few guys left in the old list. 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 723
Date:

Mike Jones wrote:

Let the vacancies keep piling up and more of us will be promoted before the list hits the 4 year mark


 I agree. They should release the list in 2019 so everyone can get promoted.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1045
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:
Mike Jones wrote:

Let the vacancies keep piling up and more of us will be promoted before the list hits the 4 year mark


 I agree. They should release the list in 2019 so everyone can get promoted.


 Lol, anyone with under an 80 would certainly go for that.



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

The list taking a long time to be established would benefit most of the people who passed and ensure that their hard work was not wasted. Therefore, based on my experience with the great City of New York, I predict that the list will be established before the end of the year.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 98
Date:

I misssd the 15 test by a few points, Id much rather have this test. Everyone who studied passed and those who put more effort in will have no worries. Its a fairer way to administer a test. If you end up cut you have no one to blame but yourself.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 723
Date:

Chew11 wrote:

I misssd the 15 test by a few points, Id much rather have this test. Everyone who studied passed and those who put more effort in will have no worries. Its a fairer way to administer a test. If you end up cut you have no one to blame but yourself.


 Yup. You cant blame the job or crazy test writers this time. The only thing you can blame is the mirror.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 174
Date:

Sure.  I finished with a 67 too!!!!  Or was it a 69?  Lol. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 129
Date:

How many people are left on the old list? I thought it was exhausted

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 71
Date:

There are holdovers that have a chance to still be promoted as long as the new list doesn't start.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 129
Date:

Damn... I really want this to move quick lol

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 723
Date:

crap wrote:

There are holdovers that have a chance to still be promoted as long as the new list doesn't start.


 A small chance in hell.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 177
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:
crap wrote:

There are holdovers that have a chance to still be promoted as long as the new list doesn't start.


 A small chance in hell.


 The new list has nothing to do with the old list.

Lists expire 4 years from the time LIST # 1 gets Promoted. 

if they come out with the new list they can send a class with say 10 holdovers from the old list and 20 from the NEW LIST. 

Each list is Independant of one another. 



-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Thursday 9th of November 2017 11:14:50 PM

__________________

Your 2017 Sgt Exam Failed-Passers be like ....

abc-bell-curve

 

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

JDMEVO9 wrote:
brooklynbacon wrote:
crap wrote:

There are holdovers that have a chance to still be promoted as long as the new list doesn't start.


 A small chance in hell.


 The new list has nothing to do with the old list.

Lists expire 4 years from the time LIST # 1 gets Promoted. 

if they come out with the new list they can send a class with say 10 holdovers from the old list and 20 from the NEW LIST. 

Each list is Independant of one another. 



-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Thursday 9th of November 2017 11:14:50 PM


 Agree 100%



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 174
Date:

Is it the first promotion or when the list is established? 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

4th Time wrote:

Is it the first promotion or when the list is established? 


 First promotion ,....



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 723
Date:

Anyone on the job long enough to remember the 2003 Lt test? I heard that list was cut at 81 and had a lawsuit attached to it. Anyone advise?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:

Anyone on the job long enough to remember the 2003 Lt test? I heard that list was cut at 81 and had a lawsuit attached to it. Anyone advise?


 My sgt was cut from the list with like 80-81. They got to number 1063 according to him.

 

 

*Edit* 83 was cut off...remember back then 70 wasn't passing. So anyone with 82 or below didnt make the list. He got an 81. About 1100 were promoted.



-- Edited by Noice on Friday 10th of November 2017 05:06:44 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

Noice wrote:
brooklynbacon wrote:

Anyone on the job long enough to remember the 2003 Lt test? I heard that list was cut at 81 and had a lawsuit attached to it. Anyone advise?


 My sgt was cut from the list with like 80-81. They got to number 1063 according to him.


 I dont think this list is too heavy like that,..



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 174
Date:

Noice wrote:
brooklynbacon wrote:

Anyone on the job long enough to remember the 2003 Lt test? I heard that list was cut at 81 and had a lawsuit attached to it. Anyone advise?


 My sgt was cut from the list with like 80-81. They got to number 1063 according to him.

 

 

*Edit* 83 was cut off...remember back then 70 wasn't passing. So anyone with 82 or below didnt make the list. He got an 81. About 1100 were promoted.



-- Edited by Noice on Friday 10th of November 2017 05:06:44 PM


I concur.... This is how I remember it being..   70 passing was a new thing on the NOE for the 2006 LT Test..  



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 723
Date:

Noice wrote:
brooklynbacon wrote:

Anyone on the job long enough to remember the 2003 Lt test? I heard that list was cut at 81 and had a lawsuit attached to it. Anyone advise?


 My sgt was cut from the list with like 80-81. They got to number 1063 according to him.

 

 

*Edit* 83 was cut off...remember back then 70 wasn't passing. So anyone with 82 or below didnt make the list. He got an 81. About 1100 were promoted.



-- Edited by Noice on Friday 10th of November 2017 05:06:44 PM


 Iirc kelley changed this after sgts were getting promoted with scores of low 60s.

 

There was no passing score so they promoted as far down as they needed to go.

Also the poll is dead even now. Day 1 the majority said everyone will get made. Now the tune has changed...



-- Edited by brooklynbacon on Monday 13th of November 2017 06:41:26 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 752
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:
Noice wrote:
brooklynbacon wrote:

Anyone on the job long enough to remember the 2003 Lt test? I heard that list was cut at 81 and had a lawsuit attached to it. Anyone advise?


 My sgt was cut from the list with like 80-81. They got to number 1063 according to him.

 

 

*Edit* 83 was cut off...remember back then 70 wasn't passing. So anyone with 82 or below didnt make the list. He got an 81. About 1100 were promoted.



-- Edited by Noice on Friday 10th of November 2017 05:06:44 PM


 Iirc kelley changed this after sgts were getting promoted with scores of low 60s.

 

There was no passing score so they promoted as far down as they needed to go.

Also the poll is dead even now. Day 1 the majority said everyone will get made. Now the tune has changed...



-- Edited by brooklynbacon on Monday 13th of November 2017 06:41:26 PM


No one really knows bro. Its a moot point ,...different times...lets just wait and see ,..lets enjoy the holidays,..work paid off...lets keep it moving ,..now how about them NY GIANTS!!!!! Smfh



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 174
Date:

Giants suck.... Let Geno get some run...



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Date:

4th Time wrote:

Giants suck.... Let Geno get some run...


 Geno? Are you fing crazy?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

I havent posted in a long time, but I sniffed up some info and Im hearing the list will be over 1100 names.  Until next time, Ill keep sniffin around.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 372
Date:

sniffendickz wrote:

I havent posted in a long time, but I sniffed up some info and Im hearing the list will be over 1100 names.  Until next time, Ill keep sniffin around.


 LOL @ Sniffendickz...you have been silet for too long, provide us with more info



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard