Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Do you think this list will have a cut off?
List cut off? [161 vote(s)]

No cut off. Everyone will get made.
37.9%
75 and down cut.
39.8%
80 and down cut.
22.4%


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 699
Date:
Do you think this list will have a cut off?


Whats your opinion?

As a reference the 2006 list had 1200 names and the score was cut off at 78.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 748
Date:

It all depends on the needs of the Department ,...hey, they can make everyone and not put out another Lt test for a while ,..or cut it after 4 years and people will die on list ,..we shall see

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1029
Date:

You can probably expect something similar to 2006.  It will be easier to figure out once the list is established.  You really want to be in the top 650, but the top 750 are probably safe.  If your total score cracked an 80 I wouldnt worry right now at all. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 748
Date:

bigfoot45 wrote:

You can probably expect something similar to 2006.  It will be easier to figure out once the list is established.  You really want to be in the top 650, but the top 750 are probably safe.  If your total score cracked an 80 I wouldnt worry right now at all. 


 Agree 1000%



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 136
Date:

When do you all think the list will be established?

__________________

Cruising for a bruising



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Date:

Didn't the department wait for two years after the list was established to start promoting from that exam?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 748
Date:

Nyjoe84 wrote:

When do you all think the list will be established?


 I say 6 months from now



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:

Let's here from people who have been on the job since 2006

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 699
Date:

LAR44 wrote:

Let's here from people who have been on the job since 2006


 The 2006 list had 1285 people on it. An 80 put you in top 600.

An 85 put you top 300.

 

A 90 was top 100.



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Date:

I was talking to my LT who was made off the 2006 list and gptrich your right the department did wait two years to promote because when they established the 2006 list they were still promoting off of an older LT list.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 423
Date:

Can someone post a copy of the 06 Lt exam list? Im curious to see if the score range will be similiar to our exam

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 699
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:

Can someone post a copy of the 06 Lt exam list? Im curious to see if the score range will be similiar to our exam


 http://thechiefleader.com/news/civil_service/eligibles-from-nov-test-police-lieutenant-roster-out/article_f31000c3-ce25-5d17-814e-0b349506003d.html



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 173
Date:

It's funny how a few days back when I compared this to the 2006 Exam; I was called a looney.   My my how things change. Any how  someone asked about the two yr wait.  It wasn't a problem bc the prior 2003 list was still going as mentioned. Two yrs was welcomed for the new sgts (I included) as it gave them time to go right into rank of LT.  And the thought was that the longer the list doesn't come out the further the list would last. Bc the 4 yr clock start when it is put out as we all know. As we approached 2011 those remaining on the list hoped for an extention of the list opposed to the job administering a new exam. That didn't happen.  Three hundred  or so of us remaining were cut.  



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 748
Date:

4th Time wrote:

It's funny how a few days back when I compared this to the 2006 Exam; I was called a looney.   My my how things change. Any how  someone asked about the two yr wait.  It wasn't a problem bc the prior 2003 list was still going as mentioned. Two yrs was welcomed for the new sgts (I included) as it gave them time to go right into rank of LT.  And the thought was that the longer the list doesn't come out the further the list would last. Bc the 4 yr clock start when it is put out as we all know. As we approached 2011 those remaining on the list hoped for an extention of the list opposed to the job administering a new exam. That didn't happen.  Three hundred  or so of us remaining were cut.  


 Bro,..I agree with you,..people will die on this list. Its just hard to accept reality,..



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Date:

We should not compare the 2006 Lt list to this one. The 2015 Lt list of less that 400 names was unprecedented and the fact that it was so small will work in the favor of those at the bottom the 2017 list. There will also be a Capts Test this year, that should move the 2017 list along as well.



-- Edited by BossLady on Sunday 29th of October 2017 03:09:48 PM



-- Edited by BossLady on Sunday 29th of October 2017 03:41:57 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1029
Date:

I think the 2006 LT exam got cut around the 760s if I remember correctly.  Someone posted earlier it was in the 800s but I'm almost certain thats wrong.  



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 748
Date:

bigfoot45 wrote:

I think the 2006 LT exam got cut around the 760s if I remember correctly.  Someone posted earlier it was in the 800s but I'm almost certain thats wrong.  


 What do you say the cut off will be for this exam?



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 257
Date:

risingstarpromotion.activeboard.com/t48728682/there-is-still-hope/

Rising star back then has the list getting cut at number 756, and that was a score of 78.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

If no throw outs and a 1,050 list still stands, theres a strong possibility that all gets made within 4 years. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 257
Date:

I say the typical average of 200 promotions per year will stand and list will get up to 800 after 4 yrs and the rest will die on list.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 95
Date:

Everyone will get made relax. The contract ends in may of 2018 a lot of lts Retiring. They are already 60 short by the time list comes out they will be 200 short. Dont listen to these 5 year losers that passed and will walk around shook with a white shirt and call a captain for everything. All will get made.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 77
Date:

narco26 wrote:

Everyone will get made relax. The contract ends in may of 2018 a lot of lts Retiring. They are already 60 short by the time list comes out they will be 200 short. Dont listen to these 5 year losers that passed and will walk around shook with a white shirt and call a captain for everything. All will get made.


 Hey narco26 you are my HERO after this statement



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 215
Date:

Nice I hope so. Fingers crossed. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 328
Date:

We have no clue as of right now. There's not even a number of who passed just yet.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1029
Date:

TransitJoe wrote:

risingstarpromotion.activeboard.com/t48728682/there-is-still-hope/

Rising star back then has the list getting cut at number 756, and that was a score of 78.


 Yeah that sounds right.  If the list is under 750 then their shouldn't be any issues.  However, if the list is 1050 as speculated, then the bottom 300 or so are in trouble.  It is what it is.  I don't understand why some people think their will be a crazy number of LTS suddenly retiring.  That won't be happening.  3/4 of the rank is in a detail.  

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 173
Date:

Thank you Bigfoot!!!¡!



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:

narco26 wrote:

Everyone will get made relax. The contract ends in may of 2018 a lot of lts Retiring. They are already 60 short by the time list comes out they will be 200 short. Dont listen to these 5 year losers that passed and will walk around shook with a white shirt and call a captain for everything. All will get made.


 Lol. Classic



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 748
Date:

bigfoot45 wrote:
TransitJoe wrote:

risingstarpromotion.activeboard.com/t48728682/there-is-still-hope/

Rising star back then has the list getting cut at number 756, and that was a score of 78.


 Yeah that sounds right.  If the list is under 750 then their shouldn't be any issues.  However, if the list is 1050 as speculated, then the bottom 300 or so are in trouble.  It is what it is.  I don't understand why some people think their will be a crazy number of LTS suddenly retiring.  That won't be happening.  3/4 of the rank is in a detail.  

 


 Agree brother. This is why the Lieutenants Exam is so competitive,..lets just hope for the best 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 345
Date:

List is confirmed about 1050 names. Everyone gets made this time around. If you think I'm a bull****ter go back to the 2011 sgt's forum and see that my info was always accurate. Don't listen to the trolls. This is not a repeat of 2006 which had exceptional circumstances with 2 hiring freezes and a market collapse which kept lieutenants from retiring because the pension numbers looked like **** and the private sector wasn't hiring. Also... they finished the 2015 LT list with 370 names in about over a year. So if you go by those stats you can project about 1200 promotions in 4 years. Finally there is currently no active list. Our list doesn't get established until spring and by then you will see many vacancies. Nobody on this list should worry. Don't let the trolls and the skeptics get to you this early in the game. They will drive you insane.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

spartan85 wrote:

List is confirmed about 1050 names. Everyone gets made this time around. If you think I'm a bull****ter go back to the 2011 sgt's forum and see that my info was always accurate. Don't listen to the trolls. This is not a repeat of 2006 which had exceptional circumstances with 2 hiring freezes and a market collapse which kept lieutenants from retiring because the pension numbers looked like **** and the private sector wasn't hiring. Also... they finished the 2015 LT list with 370 names in about over a year. So if you go by those stats you can project about 1200 promotions in 4 years. Finally there is currently no active list. Our list doesn't get established until spring and by then you will see many vacancies. Nobody on this list should worry. Don't let the trolls and the skeptics get to you this early in the game. They will drive you insane.


I know you post legit info so I have a Little faith now. All the rumors have my 77 score feel like a 69 waiting on a throw out to make the list SMH



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

And by rumors I mean gossip lol

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 423
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:
Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:

Can someone post a copy of the 06 Lt exam list? Im curious to see if the score range will be similiar to our exam


 http://thechiefleader.com/news/civil_service/eligibles-from-nov-test-police-lieutenant-roster-out/article_f31000c3-ce25-5d17-814e-0b349506003d.html


 Thanks bacon! Wow looking at this list makes reality hit home..many of those people in the lows 80s/70s are DIs and full birds now at precinct commands. Its crazy how one exam can change the trajectory of a person's career as well as effect the Department a decade later. It aslo makes you wonder how many of those were makeup exam scammers as well as the 2015 Lt exam will be 10 years from now. Just a moment of reflection. Idk about you but I keep a copy of the 2015 list with asteriks just in case...



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 466
Date:

Yep...then i see Shugrue, who is apparently captain for life. 

And then religious scammer with Italian last name Franzese(he is actually Jewish) who got caught by his wife at jfk with a sidekick who was a cop in his plt. He told wifey that he is flying to training mission for NYPD lol. Someone ratted  him out. 

Anyway he was douche and got three quarters



__________________
n/a


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 194
Date:

How many names were on the 2011 list after all those throwouts?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 328
Date:

Why would shugrue be a Capt for life? He hasn' had his command for very long.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 699
Date:

Jibberjab wrote:

How many names were on the 2011 list after all those throwouts?


 665 and it took 3 years to promote.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 466
Date:

665-it took 3 years
372- it took about 1 1/5 years
No matter how much you slice it or dice it the rate is 200 heads per year

__________________
n/a


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 748
Date:

sig226 wrote:

665-it took 3 years
372- it took about 1 1/5 years
No matter how much you slice it or dice it the rate is 200 heads per year


 I agree,...lets just hope after 2018 lots of Lt retire,.no reason to stick around for another contract,..and we ALL get made!!! 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Date:

If I did the math correctly then

2011 is 221 per year

2015 is 248 per year

The possible range is 850 to 1000.

 

If the final list is 1200 after throw outs and double answers, I could see the entire list being promoted. This is assuming that out of those 1200 some will not make it to promotions due to CARB/Retirement.

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 106
Date:

Does the job have the option to extend list? And isn't the old list exhausted now and will be for a while when new list comes out?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Date:

The 2011 list had 650+, and the 2015 had 350 names approximately. There are currently 1,700 Lts in total on the job, and 1,000 were promoted in the last 5 years.... The job will not promote over a thousand Lts in the next four years. As it stands now this list is looking like at least a 1,000 + with out any throw outs. In my opinion the likelihood that 1,000 more Lts will need to be promoted over the next 4 years is extremely low. I think those of you that think this entire list is getting made are being unrealistically optimistic. Now promotional exams are hard no matter how you slice it, but with all due respect, the question on most promotional exams is who passed. This time around it seems the better question is, WHO DIDN'T pass. I've yet to meet one person that failed, and it seems like almost everyone is in the 80+ range. Economic downturn or not, the job has routinely promoted an average of 200 Lts a year for the last 10+ years. I'm not trying to piss in anyone's cheerios but you have to be realistic about things. And before someone gets their panties in a bunch, I don't have a dog in this fight, I was promoted off the 2011 list.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 748
Date:

Centurion wrote:

The 2011 list had 650+, and the 2015 had 350 names approximately. There are currently 1,700 Lts in total on the job, and 1,000 were promoted in the last 5 years.... The job will not promote over a thousand Lts in the next four years. As it stands now this list is looking like at least a 1,000 + with out any throw outs. In my opinion the likelihood that 1,000 more Lts will need to be promoted over the next 4 years is extremely low. I think those of you that think this entire list is getting made are being unrealistically optimistic. Now promotional exams are hard no matter how you slice it, but with all due respect, the question on most promotional exams is who passed. This time around it seems the better question is, WHO DIDN'T pass. I've yet to meet one person that failed, and it seems like almost everyone is in the 80+ range. Economic downturn or not, the job has routinely promoted an average of 200 Lts a year for the last 10+ years. I'm not trying to piss in anyone's cheerios but you have to be realistic about things. And before someone gets their panties in a bunch, I don't have a dog in this fight, I was promoted off the 2011 list.


 I agree ,.....once list is established ,..we will have a better idea of a cutoff number



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

Pc can extend it



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 80
Date:

Last pension seminar had 1200 Lts under 20 yrs out of 1650 total Lts. Good luck to all......

__________________

The Son Of Xavier has spoken.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 748
Date:

SonsOfXavier1997 wrote:

Last pension seminar had 1200 Lts under 20 yrs out of 1650 total Lts. Good luck to all......


 true statement,..plus the average Lt stays on for at least over 20 years,..lets just hope for the best,..really hope everyone gets made,..



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 44
Date:

narco26 wrote:

Everyone will get made relax. The contract ends in may of 2018 a lot of lts Retiring. They are already 60 short by the time list comes out they will be 200 short. Dont listen to these 5 year losers that passed and will walk around shook with a white shirt and call a captain for everything. All will get made.


 Lmao, so true



__________________

If you make yourself more than just a man



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 54
Date:

PC can not extend it. He has to request DCAS extend it.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 699
Date:

81mm wrote:

PC can not extend it. He has to request DCAS extend it.


 Unless Oneils son got a 72 the list is dead 4 years from when its established. So 2022 and thats that.

Absolutely zero benefit or chance the list is extended.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 699
Date:

CaballoRageRises wrote:
narco26 wrote:

Everyone will get made relax. The contract ends in may of 2018 a lot of lts Retiring. They are already 60 short by the time list comes out they will be 200 short. Dont listen to these 5 year losers that passed and will walk around shook with a white shirt and call a captain for everything. All will get made.


 Lmao, so true


 Tiger uppercut.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

Damn let that man enjoy his passing grade #outofourhandsnow

__________________
1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard