Final sale! $299 for digital access to ALL of our Captain questions and material (Print them from home or view them online) within hours of ordering! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com for more info

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Survey: Input your total score for your estimate spot on the List
Your score plus extra points [187 vote(s)]

95-100
7.5%
90-94
14.4%
85-89
19.3%
80-84
20.9%
75-79
21.4%
70-74
10.7%
69-below
5.9%


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 302
Date:
Survey: Input your total score for your estimate spot on the List


Input your raw score PLUS the points you know you will be getting to know where you're standing on the list. 

 

Tuesday November 14, 2017: Calculations updated with 176 votes assuming that the size of the list is 1050 as some people here have stated.  With 16 extra votes the estimate of passers only changed from 1 to 7 people, not a significant change from the initial calculation. As Zeph says, stactitians and scientists often use only a small sample to get an estimate of the average.  It is true in this case as well, so Im not computing this again, unless someone has a more reliable source on the actual size of the list.  Thanks to those that submitted their votes, good luck to all.

 

  # people with score                    Spot on list

95-100@6.8%=71 people ====0-100s on list

90-94@14.8%=155 people ===under 200on list

85-89@19.3%=202 people ===2-400s on list

80-84@21.6%=226 people ====4-600s on list

75-79=21.6%=226 people =====6-800s on list

 

70-74=10.8%=113people =====8-900+ on list

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of today Wednesday 11/1/2017, with 150 votes, if Spartan is right and the list is about 1050, here is what the % means in numbers and where that number would land you on the list: APPROXIMATELY.

       # people with score                    Spot on list

95-100@8%=84 people ====0-100s on list

90-94@14.7%=154 people ===under 200on list

85-89@18.7%=196 people ===2-400s on list

80-84@22%=231 people ====4-600s on list

75-79=20%=210 people =====6-800s on list

70-74=11.3%=118people =====8-900+ on list

 

 

Calculations:

 

%/100*total= number

 

8/100*1050=84



-- Edited by machine on Wednesday 1st of November 2017 10:38:16 PM



-- Edited by machine on Tuesday 14th of November 2017 06:27:54 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 302
Date:
RE: Survey: Input your score for size of List


33 submissions, keep voting...



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 249
Date:

It seems like a score in the 90's will put you at the top 20% or around top 200...that's NUTS !!!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

PD2FD wrote:

It seems like a score in the 90's will put you at the top 20% or around top 200...that's NUTS !!!


 Remember that these scores are a bit skewed as only studiers are here. Once again if i was in the mid 70s i would be worried.



__________________
cat


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Date:

PD2FD wrote:

It seems like a score in the 90's will put you at the top 20% or around top 200...that's NUTS !!!


 Listen, all 4 or 5 people who got a 95 are on this board right now gloating/celebrating and are on a high. Had I failed I wouldn't be here right now. 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

100% correct! People who didnt pass are not concerned about anything else let alone posting anything fruitful. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 302
Date:

Why do we need two surveys for the same thing? This one was created first and has the most votes, but for better accuracy one should be closed. Moderator?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 249
Date:

cat wrote:
PD2FD wrote:

It seems like a score in the 90's will put you at the top 20% or around top 200...that's NUTS !!!


 Listen, all 4 or 5 people who got a 95 are on this board right now gloating/celebrating and are on a high. Had I failed I wouldn't be here right now. 


 Very true !! However, it still seems like more 90's than usual. In past exams, a 90 was more than enough to be top 100.

Let's not forget the make-up examiners and the scammers have yet to get their results. I'm sure most of those people will be in the high 80's/90's as well.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 643
Date:

How many 90s High 80s have 2 years in rank?

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 50
Date:

I'm at 88 w/ 2 yrs in rank

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Date:

87 raw score. Will be around a 90 with medals and time in rank. 3 1/2 in rank

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 249
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:

How many 90s High 80s have 2 years in rank?


 I should be at a 92.8...less than 2 yrs in rank, but by the time the list is established I'll be good.



-- Edited by PD2FD on Saturday 28th of October 2017 08:54:07 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 302
Date:

Chart for Seniority points.



Attachments
__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 137
Date:

If there is a list of the alleged 1,050 (Which seems doable w everyone passing), the job averages what 180 a year? I think a 75+ raw score has no worries. The '06 exam which had 1,285 on it was cut at 78. Even if this one is cut I bet a 775-800 # and higher you're good.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 643
Date:

JobsAJoke wrote:

If there is a list of the alleged 1,050 (Which seems doable w everyone passing), the job averages what 180 a year? I think a 75+ raw score has no worries. The '06 exam which had 1,285 on it was cut at 78. Even if this one is cut I bet a 775-800 # and higher you're good.


 We will see,..we will have a better idea once the list is established



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...

cat


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Date:

According to this survey more people scored between 95-100 than failed the test! lol. We know that's not the case, so it's safe to say that only people who passed are answering the survey. Still, it's useful in determining where you will be on the list. It appears that 60% of passers fall in the 75-89 range.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Date:

Most of the people that failed arent inputting their scores so this is not accurate.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 249
Date:

Howdydoody wrote:

Most of the people that failed arent inputting their scores so this is not accurate.


 Most people who failed didn't even bother attending the protest session so this survey will be mostly passers



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 344
Date:

List is about 1050 pre throwouts. Everyone gets made in 4 years. List goes 300 names a year. You heard it here first.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 302
Date:

Low 70s are the minorities!! That's usually the opposite, interesting!

I concur with you Spartan, unlike the 2006 test, the average of promotions for Lts is about 300/year. So even if the list is 1,100 everyone should expect to get made no problem.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Date:

spartan85 wrote:

List is about 1050 pre throwouts. Everyone gets made in 4 years. List goes 300 names a year. You heard it here first.


 Dude stop spreading fake news. The dept. has never average 300 lt names a year. The average is 200 a year. If you dont believe me go through all the lt promotions for the past 10 years or so and see for yourself. I hope that everyone does get made but everyone who is higher than 800 on the list has reason to be concerned. Hell even my 86 may put me in the 800s...we just have to wait and see buddy.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Date:

What Im more curious to see is how what impact will the job rushed to get everyone promoted in time for the exam will have on promotions. Meaning there were be many high 90/80ss with barely 6 months in rank by the time the list comes out. So they will get skipped by guys with low 90s/80s. They will have the time in rank b4 the list expires but will that hold back people in the 70s as well. Interesting times ahead ladies n gents. Good luck to all

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 185
Date:

They are cutting the list

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Date:

Lol..how can they cut a list that hasnt been established yet! Stop being a troll and stop trying to scare your fellow sgts. We all need to be positive.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:
spartan85 wrote:

List is about 1050 pre throwouts. Everyone gets made in 4 years. List goes 300 names a year. You heard it here first.


 Dude stop spreading fake news. The dept. has never average 300 lt names a year. The average is 200 a year. If you dont believe me go through all the lt promotions for the past 10 years or so and see for yourself. I hope that everyone does get made but everyone who is higher than 800 on the list has reason to be concerned. Hell even my 86 may put me in the 800s...we just have to wait and see buddy.


 How would an 86 put you in the 800s lol?

An 80 was top 600 with a list of 1285 people.

 

An 86 might put you top 800 if all 2400 people passed the test.



-- Edited by brooklynbacon on Monday 30th of October 2017 12:39:29 PM



-- Edited by brooklynbacon on Monday 30th of October 2017 12:40:35 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 112
Date:

Just speculation but when do you guys think the list would be made?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Date:

Im thinking more like Jan perhaps, just a guess

__________________

 Worst thing in life is waist of talent.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 211
Date:

I still think it's gonna take the usual 6-8 months. POs still waiting for their sgt list after 8 months and their previous list is exhausted also.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Date:

yeah your right , I think this wait is far worst now, to know your actual list number and to see how the list will move.........



__________________

 Worst thing in life is waist of talent.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

Drstylez12 wrote:

Just speculation but when do you guys think the list would be made?


 I have my money on april. First class may.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 114
Date:

April...



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 450
Date:

TransitJoe wrote:

I still think it's gonna take the usual 6-8 months. POs still waiting for their sgt list after 8 months and their previous list is exhausted also.


 Thats because they promoted boatload of last Sgts list back to back. At some point there was a surplus of Sgt. As of now job job -30 Lt or more



__________________
n/a


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 249
Date:

I say January/February first class in March...I'm hearing they want to expedite this list and not mess around like they did with the Sgts list

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 112
Date:

PD2FD wrote:

I say January/February first class in March...I'm hearing they want to expedite this list and not mess around like they did with the Sgts list


 How soon do they start promoting after the list is established?



-- Edited by Drstylez12 on Monday 30th of October 2017 04:48:27 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 44
Date:

By the skin of my teeth 70

__________________

If you make yourself more than just a man



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

Drstylez12 wrote:
PD2FD wrote:

I say January/February first class in March...I'm hearing they want to expedite this list and not mess around like they did with the Sgts list


 How soon do they start promoting after the list is established?



-- Edited by Drstylez12 on Monday 30th of October 2017 04:48:27 PM


 Within a month. Its usually very quick.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 73
Date:

PD2FD wrote:

I say January/February first class in March...I'm hearing they want to expedite this list and not mess around like they did with the Sgts list


 Military People still have to take the test, i hear in a few months. List wont get established until the last person takes the test and gets their turn to protest. I'm gonna estimate summer the list comes out. As we all know, we will never be able to predict this. DCAS does its own thing and works on their own time, not the departments.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 268
Date:

they don't have a list anymore... are you smoking crack????? they not going to promote for 8 months???? gtfoh



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 643
Date:

supercop wrote:

they don't have a list anymore... are you smoking crack????? they not going to promote for 8 months???? gtfoh


 Fake news ,..takes a few months (usually 6 months ,.maybe more) for them to establish list (list goes public),..then it can take sometime for the job to promote off the list,..its all based on the needs of the Department



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 73
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:
supercop wrote:

they don't have a list anymore... are you smoking crack????? they not going to promote for 8 months???? gtfoh


 Fake news ,..takes a few months (usually 6 months ,.maybe more) for them to establish list (list goes public),..then it can take sometime for the job to promote off the list,..its all based on the needs of the Department


 Thank you Dr Papi, Tell this clown to talk to the Cops who took their Sgt. test in Feb



-- Edited by tweezy on Tuesday 31st of October 2017 03:22:44 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 643
Date:

tweezy wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:
supercop wrote:

they don't have a list anymore... are you smoking crack????? they not going to promote for 8 months???? gtfoh


 Fake news ,..takes a few months (usually 6 months ,.maybe more) for them to establish list (list goes public),..then it can take sometime for the job to promote off the list,..its all based on the needs of the Department


 Thank you Dr Papi, Tell this clown to talk to the Cops who took their Sgt. test in Feb



-- Edited by tweezy on Tuesday 31st of October 2017 03:22:44 AM


 No just making sure were all on the same page



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Date:

As crazy as that nutjob machine can be at times his calculations look dead on. Good job bro. Hey you dont happen to be that guy who has that machine-type figure on top of his computer at OMAP...just trying to put two and two together...

__________________


Member

Status: Online
Posts: 9
Date:

Foil for number of passers? Initial review session is done right? They just have to review the protests.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

Superman wrote:

Foil for number of passers? Initial review session is done right? They just have to review the protests.


 They dont have to release it because there are still make up exams to come. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 132
Date:

How many more make up dates are there? I thought the last one was prior to the protest session

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

Oooh-yeah wrote:

How many more make up dates are there? I thought the last one was prior to the protest session


 No theres still military guys awaiting a make up.

 

And of course they are all gonna pass. They know what procedures will be hit and that its a groundball test. All the more motivation to study.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 132
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:
Oooh-yeah wrote:

How many more make up dates are there? I thought the last one was prior to the protest session


 No theres still military guys awaiting a make up.

 

And of course they are all gonna pass. They know what procedures will be hit and that its a groundball test. All the more motivation to study.


Cool, makes sense. I keep hearing March is the goal for releasing the list however all rumors.. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

230 got a 90 and up? Are you smoking crack? 

Probably a quarter of those 95 to 100 votes are failures with 60s lol.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 643
Date:

machine wrote:

Input your score plus the points you know you will be getting to know where you're standing. 

 

As of today Wednesday 11/1/2017, with 150 votes, if Spartan is right and the list is about 1050, here is what the % means in numbers and where that number would land you on the list: APPROXIMATELY.

       # people with score                    Spot on list

95-100@8%=84 people ====0-100s on list

90-94@14.7%=154 people ===under 200on list

85-89@18.7%=196 people ===2-400s on list

80-84@22%=231 people ====4-600s on list

75-79=20%=210 people =====6-800s on list

70-74=11.3%=118people =====8-900+ on list

 

 

Calculations:

 

%/100*total= number

 

8/100*1050=84



-- Edited by machine on Wednesday 1st of November 2017 10:38:16 PM


I concur with these stats sir ! 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:
machine wrote:

Input your score plus the points you know you will be getting to know where you're standing. 

 

As of today Wednesday 11/1/2017, with 150 votes, if Spartan is right and the list is about 1050, here is what the % means in numbers and where that number would land you on the list: APPROXIMATELY.

       # people with score                    Spot on list

95-100@8%=84 people ====0-100s on list

90-94@14.7%=154 people ===under 200on list

85-89@18.7%=196 people ===2-400s on list

80-84@22%=231 people ====4-600s on list

75-79=20%=210 people =====6-800s on list

70-74=11.3%=118people =====8-900+ on list

 

 

Calculations:

 

%/100*total= number

 

8/100*1050=84



-- Edited by machine on Wednesday 1st of November 2017 10:38:16 PM


I concur with these stats sir ! 


 If 22% of test passers got a 90 or up then this list will have 3900 names on it. I could see that happening...



__________________
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard