Final sale! $299 for digital access to ALL of our Captain questions and material (Print them from home or view them online) within hours of ordering! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com for more info

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Protest Discussion


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:
Protest Discussion


Fighten0h and I discussed a couple questions that may be questionable. The first was who you notify in regard to an injury sustained by collapsed scaffolding. If the correct answer per DCAS is Dept of Buildings then that's wrong because the procedure applies specifically to injuries incurred while ON scaffolding. I'm almost positive that question didn't specify the aided was on the scaffolding. Furthermore, you would reasonably assume scaffolding is only at construction sites for which a notification would be made to Operations, also an available answer.

Fighten0h brought up the DWI driver crashing into the tree question. It seems like there's a contradiction in the procedure (208-40) itself. Here's what fighten0h said: "the procedure which is in 208 states in the the patrol supervisor will read a chemical testing statement to a driver if he causes spi or death to another/ OR causes spa or death to himself..

later on in the statement it says you will not apply for a chemical testing warrant to a a person if they cause only spi to themselves.. now maybe I'm being nit picky but i asked a bunch of people at my command including supervisors who agreed and said the procedure either needed clarification or the procedure is wrong."

Then there's the question missing the word "correct" and another which referenced 212 when the procedure was moved to 221. I'd imagine these are automatic tosses.

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 108
Date:

in regards the dep of building queqstion. Which procedure did th question lock you in to?

__________________
Rick from accounting wrote:

Art thy mad bro? ^


 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:

Hmm, I don't know. Is there a procedure that addresses it other than 216-15?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 108
Date:

yes. 217-12. i remember the question, I forget the procedure they locked us into. the addl data statement in 217-12 seems like a catch all statement.





-- Edited by bignutz88 on Sunday 26th of February 2017 07:47:43 PM

__________________
Rick from accounting wrote:

Art thy mad bro? ^


 



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Date:

What was the incorrectly cited question ? I'll be honest I don't remember that ..
But I'd also say does anyone have any input for the dept of buildings and dwi question ?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 108
Date:

fighten0h wrote:

What was the incorrectly cited question ? I'll be honest I don't remember that ..
But I'd also say does anyone have any input for the dept of buildings and dwi question ?


 incorrectly cited question? 

 

did your test ask you to state the incorrectly cited question for any of your questions? 



__________________
Rick from accounting wrote:

Art thy mad bro? ^


 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:

bignutz88 wrote:

yes. 217-12. i remember the question, I forget the procedure they locked us into. the addl data statement in 217-12 seems like a catch all statement.





-- Edited by bignutz88 on Sunday 26th of February 2017 07:47:43 PM


 Huh, hopefully it wasn't 217-12 then, but it probably was. Oh well.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

I don't remember the question with the wrong procedure or the one that said "the most" but if someone remembers I'll fight it. I'm also fighting the Dwi with the tree, I ordered the warrant because it said Spi to himself. Then when I went home it said if he refuses you order the warrant......but it also states if he asks for a second test we can give the test first then he can have his private doctor conduct the test.He didn't ask for neither, in this question!!!! So I'm a bit confused on this one. Also the Marijuana question with waiting on the husband, was that a judgement question? I picked 5 mins.



-- Edited by Nyfine on Sunday 26th of February 2017 10:08:37 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 108
Date:

none of the questions on my exam asked "state the incorrect procedure".

every single one asked to state the "most correct"

Also, there were variations to the map based on feedback I got from guys at my cmd.

based on these 2 facts, I think they made slight variations of the test.



-



-- Edited by bignutz88 on Sunday 26th of February 2017 08:02:27 PM

__________________
Rick from accounting wrote:

Art thy mad bro? ^


 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:

I personally didn't see the question missing the word "correct" or the question that referenced the wrong section, but multiple people have said they did see them.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 108
Date:

Thebirds wrote:

I personally didn't see the question missing the word "correct" or the question that referenced the wrong section, but multiple people have said they did see them.


 im telling you, i believe there were varied tests. 

 

Where was the school located on your map? was it near the command or up north towards the top of the page?



__________________
Rick from accounting wrote:

Art thy mad bro? ^


 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:

It was NE of the command, middle of the map I think

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Date:

Big nutz I meant the question that everyone is saying was 212 or suppose to be 221.. I didn't catch that on exam day..

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 108
Date:

Thebirds wrote:

It was NE of the command, middle of the map I think


 my  school was at the top of the page near the street that was blocked off. 



__________________
Rick from accounting wrote:

Art thy mad bro? ^


 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 108
Date:

fighten0h wrote:

Big nutz I meant the question that everyone is saying was 212 or suppose to be 221.. I didn't catch that on exam day..


 10-4, me either.



__________________
Rick from accounting wrote:

Art thy mad bro? ^


 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:

bignutz88 wrote:
Thebirds wrote:

It was NE of the command, middle of the map I think


 my  school was at the top of the page near the street that was blocked off. 


 You sure there wasn't another school? I could see that on this ****ed up test.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 146
Date:

It seems like there was a variation of different exams ! Some In-baskets were slightly different. But I tell you what guys prepare for something crazy. I DID NOT have a question that ended in "most" only. I am 100% sure of it because I was paranoid making sure they all said "most correct". I am simply going by what ive heard from many.

If this is the case, and tests were different, there is no way in hell that the people who had the error in their exam can get the point while the people who didnt will not. Every throwout will have to be a curve, if not, something has to be done about that .... thats a lawsuit.

__________________

10-4



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 146
Date:

 



-- Edited by Arrow on Sunday 26th of February 2017 08:35:43 PM



-- Edited by Arrow on Tuesday 28th of February 2017 12:44:35 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 108
Date:

one in bssket had an aided being 60 (assault 3). another had him being 66 (assault 2)

__________________
Rick from accounting wrote:

Art thy mad bro? ^


 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 52
Date:

bignutz88 wrote:
Thebirds wrote:

It was NE of the command, middle of the map I think


 my  school was at the top of the page near the street that was blocked off. 


 The school was just north of the command and there was a closure right in front. I believe some emergency repair in the street.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 146
Date:

I remember the 60 but not the 66



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 146
Date:

Yes there was construction in front of the school you couldn't go through that street



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 146
Date:

The age of the aided was of huge debate the night after that exam.

__________________

10-4



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

Nyfine wrote:

I don't remember the question with the wrong procedure or the one that said "the most" but if someone remembers I'll fight it. I'm also fighting the Dwi with the tree, I ordered the warrant because it said Spi to himself. Then when I went home it said if he refuses you order the warrant......but it also states if he asks for a second test we can give the test first then he can have his private doctor conduct the test.He didn't ask for neither, in this question!!!! So I'm a bit confused on this one. Also the Dwi question with waiting on the husband, was that a judgement question? I picked 5 mins.


 Dwi waiting for husband???????not 221.05?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 108
Date:

is it possible DCAS can have no throw outs?


__________________
Rick from accounting wrote:

Art thy mad bro? ^


 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

Gk06 wrote:
Nyfine wrote:

I don't remember the question with the wrong procedure or the one that said "the most" but if someone remembers I'll fight it. I'm also fighting the Dwi with the tree, I ordered the warrant because it said Spi to himself. Then when I went home it said if he refuses you order the warrant......but it also states if he asks for a second test we can give the test first then he can have his private doctor conduct the test.He didn't ask for neither, in this question!!!! So I'm a bit confused on this one. Also the Dwi question with waiting on the husband, was that a judgement question? I picked 5 mins.


 Dwi waiting for husband???????not 221.05?


 Doesn't spi need to be anyone other then driver??



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

What about the diplomat ? I'm assuming I wasn't supposed to bring him back to
The SH ? Then verify his identity ?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 43
Date:

With that dwi questions I believe it was worded... he can have a private physician test him after our test is administered... there really isn't anything false about that.. and in the dept of building questions.. I thought it was referred to as from 217..
But like you guys and many others are saying it is most correct for 90% of these so maybe dcas was thinking the same way some of us were thinking

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 146
Date:

Gk06 wrote:
Nyfine wrote:

I don't remember the question with the wrong procedure or the one that said "the most" but if someone remembers I'll fight it. I'm also fighting the Dwi with the tree, I ordered the warrant because it said Spi to himself. Then when I went home it said if he refuses you order the warrant......but it also states if he asks for a second test we can give the test first then he can have his private doctor conduct the test.He didn't ask for neither, in this question!!!! So I'm a bit confused on this one. Also the Dwi question with waiting on the husband, was that a judgement question? I picked 5 mins.


 Dwi waiting for husband???????not 221.05?


 You're right GK that was a 221.5 question. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

Did anyone need to darp one car and dept tow the 16 auto

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 146
Date:

 

 



-- Edited by Arrow on Tuesday 28th of February 2017 12:45:38 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

Yes I remember it being 221 I chose reasonable amount of time

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 146
Date:

Gk06 wrote:

Did anyone need to darp one car and dept tow the 16 auto


 I dropped that easy question. I mistead it. Just the 16 vehicle 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

I only choose to dept tow one ... I was under the impression the other vehicle was driveable

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

Me too



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

I'm the only one that said to tow two cars I was wrong I guess



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

Family offense question was the boyfriend taking her car not grand larceny 4 th ?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 146
Date:

 did the question for the critically injured person had a double answer or was there 1 correct answer?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 43
Date:

Wasn't it just t-6

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

Yes t6, I feel like the answer said both collision technician group and collision investigation squad

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 146
Date:

Finest7578 wrote:

Family offense question was the boyfriend taking her car not grand larceny 4 th ?


 Wasn't the that answer for that question that the son puch the mother?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

Assault 2 cousin with a baseball bat ?

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

I know a lot of people in my command were going back and forth with the force figures. 31 or 33 ?? How about the foot post ?? Those two questions are still bothering me. That inbasket was rough

__________________
Nicholas


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Date:

I said t6

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 146
Date:

Finest7578 wrote:

Yes t6, I feel like the answer said both collision technician group and collision investigation squad


 No. The answer had it separate. I was like What the F***! Cuz it's pds/cis/CTG are 3 togeTher



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

I put 31 and completely guessed on the foot posts

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

Finest7578 wrote:

Assault 2 cousin with a baseball bat ?


 17 yo with bat where they asking concurrent jurisdiction



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

@arrow that's what I meant , two separate answers that both contain correct answers



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

What about the robbery with a firearm

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 146
Date:

Finest7578 wrote:

@arrow that's what I meant , two separate answers that both contain correct answers


]



-- Edited by Arrow on Tuesday 28th of February 2017 12:47:40 PM

__________________
Page 1  >   Last »  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard