Final sale! $299 for digital access to ALL of our Captain questions and material (Print them from home or view them online) within hours of ordering! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com for more info

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: ELITE STRATEGIC TRAINING


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 220
Date:
ELITE STRATEGIC TRAINING


The 20 Week LT course has a separate folder for Captains exam. 



-- Edited by New2this on Saturday 7th of January 2017 06:24:08 AM

Attachments
__________________

Passed now......my family benefits. Thank you



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 108
Date:

He wants $749 so we can do the lieutenants course followed by a "cram"! No mailing option. I have to print this stuff out myself? Key wants $740 plus another 100 for mailing.
Rising Star is 549 with mailing! Starts in March not August. You can the lieutenants classes for free..choice here is easy.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 147
Date:

Thanks for the info, but I am waiting for the email from Yano that spells out that he will provide weekly captain packets before I sign up for his course, if I sign up for his course. He is worth the money. I just dont see myself studying 20 weeks for something, then only 8 weeks for a rank I am trying to obtain, which in my opinion will be more testable. 



__________________

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 108
Date:

DOS_EQUIS wrote:

Thanks for the info, but I am waiting for the email from Yano that spells out that he will provide weekly captain packets before I sign up for his course, if I sign up for his course. He is worth the money. I just dont see myself studying 20 weeks for something, then only 8 weeks for a rank I am trying to obtain, which in my opinion will be more testable. 


 Ha! His students didn't do too well on the last lieutenants exam. I'm gonna stick with a school that actually has a track record of getting people on the list. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:

New2this wrote:

The 20 Week LT course has a separate folder for Captains exam. 



-- Edited by New2this on Saturday 7th of January 2017 06:24:08 AM


 So does this confirm that he's going to be providing Captain material from the beginning just like the Key? 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 220
Date:

Not sure yet. He said he will clarify this at today's class. When the video goes up I will confirm.

__________________

Passed now......my family benefits. Thank you



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 161
Date:

jill72 wrote:
DOS_EQUIS wrote:

Thanks for the info, but I am waiting for the email from Yano that spells out that he will provide weekly captain packets before I sign up for his course, if I sign up for his course. He is worth the money. I just dont see myself studying 20 weeks for something, then only 8 weeks for a rank I am trying to obtain, which in my opinion will be more testable. 


 Ha! His students didn't do too well on the last lieutenants exam. I'm gonna stick with a school that actually has a track record of getting people on the list. 


Well... students from which school did the best then??   and also, isn't it more how much the student studied as opposed to which school??  I think all 3 schools offer similar material in different format... 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

IhaveNoHook wrote:
jill72 wrote:
DOS_EQUIS wrote:

Thanks for the info, but I am waiting for the email from Yano that spells out that he will provide weekly captain packets before I sign up for his course, if I sign up for his course. He is worth the money. I just dont see myself studying 20 weeks for something, then only 8 weeks for a rank I am trying to obtain, which in my opinion will be more testable. 


 Ha! His students didn't do too well on the last lieutenants exam. I'm gonna stick with a school that actually has a track record of getting people on the list. 


Well... students from which school did the best then??   and also, isn't it more how much the student studied as opposed to which school??  I think all 3 schools offer similar material in different format... 


As a passer of the the last lieutenants exam and someone who had material from all 3 schools I disagree. Elites star procedures had you focusing on stuff that wasn't tested. They also did not go in depth like Rising Star did. Plus a lot of material wasn't there like crime classification guide and operations order.  

I didnt do all of the Rising Star packets, but the few that i  did (maybe half) is absolutely the reason why I passed. i have no doubt that I would be studying for lieutenants again instead of captain had it not been for Rising Star. And this was before they overhauled their curriculum. thE essential guide, Watchdox and everything  is new for this test 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 663
Date:

IhaveNoHook wrote:
jill72 wrote:
DOS_EQUIS wrote:

Thanks for the info, but I am waiting for the email from Yano that spells out that he will provide weekly captain packets before I sign up for his course, if I sign up for his course. He is worth the money. I just dont see myself studying 20 weeks for something, then only 8 weeks for a rank I am trying to obtain, which in my opinion will be more testable. 


 Ha! His students didn't do too well on the last lieutenants exam. I'm gonna stick with a school that actually has a track record of getting people on the list. 


Well... students from which school did the best then??   and also, isn't it more how much the student studied as opposed to which school??  I think all 3 schools offer similar material in different format... 


 Based on his/her previous posts, jil72 is either one of the Rising Star founders or somehow related. Not that I have any problem with their self-promotion, it is their board after all, but they should at least be clear about it.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 197
Date:

100% agree with u re jil72!! Always negative with all schools except Rising Star, way to obvious.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 108
Date:

On Point Info wrote:

100% agree with u re jil72!! Always negative with all schools except Rising Star, way to obvious.


 Damn right I'm neg with the other schools. When theyre trying to fleece us and give us crap and i point it out I work for the other school? I dont think so. Yeah I know the owners of rs but I also know the owners of the other  schools. i stand 100% with their product and that's why I say what I say and so do the overwhelming majority of their students btw



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

I don't think anyone from rising star needs to shill for them. Their questions are hands down THE best. Just ask anyone who has taken them.
Anyway, you're all lieutenants of police. Who cares what people say. Ask around people you trust and respect and know what their advice it. Sample all the schools and pay at the door before you buy. Then go with what works for you.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 954
Date:

I would generally agree with the logic of 2015ltexam but RS is the only school giving a captain course.  We already passed the LT test.... so what are you paying for?  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 113
Date:

Has anyone purchased Elite and if so did he provide questions geared to a cpt exam?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 220
Date:

ImDrained wrote:

Has anyone purchased Elite and if so did he provide questions geared to a cpt exam?


 Yes, Yanosik has a separate folder for the captains exam but all it has in it are the procedures and the shield with level of importance. No lesson plans/questions or anything else related to Captain. He said he was going to speak on this at the Sunday class in yonkers. I never made it there but tomorrow morning he is going to post a video on the lms regarding what he plans to do for the captain exam.

He has started giving out hard copy of the Elite administrative guide to people taking his lieutenant's course but studying for Captain.



-- Edited by New2this on Monday 9th of January 2017 04:44:59 PM

__________________

Passed now......my family benefits. Thank you



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:

New2this wrote:
ImDrained wrote:

Has anyone purchased Elite and if so did he provide questions geared to a cpt exam?


 Yes, Yanosik has a separate folder for the captains exam but all it has in it are the procedures and the shield with level of importance. No lesson plans/questions or anything else related to Captain. He said he was going to speak on this at the Sunday class in yonkers. I never made it there but tomorrow morning he is going to post a video on the lms regarding what he plans to do for the captain exam.

He has started giving out hard copy of the Elite administrative guide to people taking his lieutenant's course but studying for Captain.



-- Edited by New2this on Monday 9th of January 2017 04:44:59 PM


 Any update on this, will he be giving questions on the captain materials?. I'm going to his class tomorrow. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 220
Date:

Elite Update:
Mike has posted a video on the Elite LMS regarding what he plans to do for the Captains Exam. Here is a brief synopsis

1) Packets will be on the LMS starting in April/May.
2) He will be giving hard copy Elite Admin guide and Elite Patrol Guide out to all Captains exam students.
3) There will be a seperate folder on the LMS under the Lieutenant Course for all things Captain.
4) He wont do Captains Exam classes until after the LT exam.
5) He wants us (future captains) to study 1-2 hrs a day using his prioritization sheets and question history which he has already started doing.
6) He said once the Dept actually announces the exam then he will have more concrete info on the live Captains courses
7) He said it would benefit us to use all the resources given for the Lieutenants exam (learning modules and such) and in addition study the associated Captains Duties and Admin Guide
8) Once the Captains course begins Mike will run an 8-12 week Captains Course and he will have all the packets printed and ready and he will start doing live classes to go over them
9)If you enroll in the LT class it includes the captains class
10)He ends it with saying that Captains classes are usually small and that he loves teaching them because they are more close knit.

I think I covered it all. Hope this helps you guys out.

__________________

Passed now......my family benefits. Thank you

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard