Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: List with *


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Date:
List with *


Jraming26 wrote:
W_T_F_ wrote:

Cheaters will not be punish by the department because some of the "higher ups" in the department also found these types of exam "loopholes" when they took their promotional exams initially! The only way we can change the system is by having DCAS and the Department come up with multiple versions of the exam to give to people with different test dates! Besides, the exam it self is usually consist of approximately 10% of the questions written by exam "makers", so therefore the Department and DCAS can use the remaining 90% of the "left over" questions to make another version of the exam! PROBLEM SOLVED!


 Negative that's not going to work, the exam need to be given on a weekday holiday week where it doesn't come to conflict with any one, military drill, Jewish observlance or LOD that going to correct the issues 


 Adopting both ideas is what's most optimal, give the test on a weekday wth multiple versions handed out randomly, this would make cheating more difficult.



-- Edited by wisecop on Wednesday 24th of February 2016 10:31:32 PM

__________________

Disclaimer: 'Regular' Elite -***NOT*** a 'True' Elite.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 240
Date:

isn't #13 a Dominican guy? Sabbath?????

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 607
Date:

SATCOM wrote:

isn't #13 a Dominican guy? Sabbath?????


Could be a 7th Day Advantage-ist, no? 



__________________

Darth-Vader-and-Storm-Trooper-dance.gif



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 293
Date:

Next to #6 it says UNK, but I can shed some light on this mega scammer.

He was in Intel and the Friday night before the exam, he swore out an emergency gun sight search warrant that he claimed had to be executed on Saturday morning.  He could have easily passed the warrant onto someone else or made the cop the affiant.  He was able to take the makeup exam under the "police necessity" clause.

 

SHAME!



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 293
Date:

Also please update, #3 LOD scammer who works in IAB.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 607
Date:

IShredMajors wrote:

Next to #6 it says UNK, but I can shed some light on this mega scammer.

He was in Intel and the Friday night before the exam, he swore out an emergency gun sight search warrant that he claimed had to be executed on Saturday morning.  He could have easily passed the warrant onto someone else or made the cop the affiant.  He was able to take the makeup exam under the "police necessity" clause.

 

SHAME!


Thank you for the info! 



__________________

Darth-Vader-and-Storm-Trooper-dance.gif



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 838
Date:

IShredMajors wrote:

Every military member comes on here with these run-on walls of text. They should teach basic writing skills over there, maybe people would actually read it if it wasn't written like a 6 year old's homework.

You guys make Onedeeair look like William Shakespeare.


 I seriously love you, ISHREDMAJORS, I Am on the floor laughing right now. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 293
Date:

Grammar: the difference between knowing your sh1t and knowing you're sh1t.



-- Edited by IShredMajors on Thursday 25th of February 2016 02:41:18 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 64
Date:

IShredMajors wrote:

Grammar: the difference between knowing your sh1t and knowing you're sh1t.



-- Edited by IShredMajors on Thursday 25th of February 2016 02:41:18 AM


 serve your country = more time to study (maybe pass)

fail the lieutenant exam = forum God 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Date:

This exam was not designed for people to pass. Applicants applied to Harvard university have approximately a 5.8% chance of getting into the school. Sergeants have a 5% to 7% of passing this exam on the initial exam date! Even though a majority of the population on this JOB is not very well educated...it does not mean that any of us are any less intelligent either. So therefore, DCAS and the Department have screwed all of us majorly by setting us up for failure. Passing an exam should not be a "lucky Saturday", it should be a guarantee to pass for people that actually study and remember the materials associated with their line of work. Questions on any "fair and straight forward" exam should be consistent with the job duties/requirements that the applicant is applying for (Lieutenant Duties) and not questions that stem from obscured and impractical Patrol Guide procedures!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 197
Date:

Well Said!



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:

sixmonthwonder wrote:
SATCOM wrote:

isn't #13 a Dominican guy? Sabbath?????


Could be a 7th Day Advantage-ist, no? 


He is a seventh day Adventist. A cop said he drove around the test site on test day and prentended he was taking the test with everyone else.

These guys are all opportunist. They took advantage of a situation that allows them to have a huge advantage over everyone else. Would anyone of us do the same, if allowed? I would like to think that my morals and ethics would dessuade me from doing so, but who knows.

I made the list because I feel that we deserve to know who the make-up test takers are. The make-up test takers should not hide the fact that they took a make up test.  With that said, the bashing, I don't think it's necessary. They know who they are. Their reputation will follow them. If they like to be men and women with no integrity, then that's on them. Let them be. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 63
Date:

Who's compiling the new list with asteriks ***?
We need to keep updating that list. Dont let these cheating, scamming fcuks off the hook.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Date:

They deserve to be exposed. I know of one person who used the military excuse to pass two tests. He's currently a LT in bk. I "heard" when he was studying for SGT he went around the command asking people for the questions and answers. Worst part is, idiots actually gave it to him. As a result, his promotion date was back dated which allowed him to be eligible for the 2011 Lt's test which he also passed. (He took that test at a much later date as well) Moral of the story is, we need to fight against this flawed system.



-- Edited by NewUser on Thursday 25th of February 2016 02:39:03 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:

That's exactly my point. We need to change the system. This battle is over. We now need to win the war.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 158
Date:

#128 peralta... MILITARY... Did it for the sgt's exam too.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 158
Date:

#75 homeboy did it for the Sgt exam too. Him and peralta... 32 cops!!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 158
Date:

#42.... Miller... LOD... Smh... Wow

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 607
Date:

Thanks for the info man.

__________________

Darth-Vader-and-Storm-Trooper-dance.gif



Senior Member

Status: Online
Posts: 321
Date:

If # 22 is legit, he's the real #1 on this list

Mr.Levy you're a FRAUD and a big time CHEATER !!!!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 226
Date:

#22 is LEGIT. Confirmed, he is the real #1.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 63
Date:

Does anyone know if #24 is legit?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 226
Date:

#28 is a scammer too. He took the exam on a later date , not sure what scam he pulled though. Great example of integrity by the sgts assigned to Iab

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1022
Date:

22, 24, 27, 30----are the original top 4. 



__________________

I cannot tell a lie I did cut it with my hatchet

Pay no attention to my posts any longer. 

I can not help myself in creating lies.



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 86
Date:

I have no pony in this race. That being said I can spot at least 2 people being labeled as scammers when they are not. One was labeled a sabbath observer by one fella, and LOD by another fella, all s/he needs is military and s/he will be the holy trifecta of scammers. Makes me wonder about others. Where are people getting their info? Seems to me like just the rumour mill trying to put a little hatorade into the mix.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 311
Date:

ProfessorFiveZero wrote:

I have no pony in this race. That being said I can spot at least 2 people being labeled as scammers when they are not. One was labeled a sabbath observer by one fella, and LOD by another fella, all s/he needs is military and s/he will be the holy trifecta of scammers. Makes me wonder about others. Where are people getting their info? Seems to me like just the rumour mill trying to put a little hatorade into the mix.


 the list should be taken down if that's the case. This is not the first time it has been inaccurate.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 178
Date:

What happened to foil request?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 607
Date:

Devil Dog wrote:
ProfessorFiveZero wrote:

I have no pony in this race. That being said I can spot at least 2 people being labeled as scammers when they are not. One was labeled a sabbath observer by one fella, and LOD by another fella, all s/he needs is military and s/he will be the holy trifecta of scammers. Makes me wonder about others. Where are people getting their info? Seems to me like just the rumour mill trying to put a little hatorade into the mix.


 the list should be taken down if that's the case. This is not the first time it has been inaccurate.


No it shouldn't, it should be corrected. Nikki said it's going by what other people are telling her and if you see someone with an asterisks that shouldn't have one let her know and she'll remove it.



__________________

Darth-Vader-and-Storm-Trooper-dance.gif



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 607
Date:

ondeeair2321 wrote:

22, 24, 27, 30----are the original top 4. 


I heard that 28 was legit as well. So 22, 24, 27, 28, 30 would be original top five if that's the case. Have you heard different? 



__________________

Darth-Vader-and-Storm-Trooper-dance.gif



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 311
Date:

sixmonthwonder wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
ProfessorFiveZero wrote:

I have no pony in this race. That being said I can spot at least 2 people being labeled as scammers when they are not. One was labeled a sabbath observer by one fella, and LOD by another fella, all s/he needs is military and s/he will be the holy trifecta of scammers. Makes me wonder about others. Where are people getting their info? Seems to me like just the rumour mill trying to put a little hatorade into the mix.


 the list should be taken down if that's the case. This is not the first time it has been inaccurate.


No it shouldn't, it should be corrected. Nikki said it's going by what other people are telling her and if you see someone with an asterisks that shouldn't have one let her know and she'll remove it.


 Nikki is going by third party info and hearsay. It's not cool when it happens to the same guy 2x. Looks like sour grapes now. Get over it and move on already



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:

I am going by what you guys are posting. I labeled them as *alternate test takers and not "scammers". I messaged the guy who is stating that two people are mistakenly labeled. I have not heard from him yet. This list is self-correcting, we defend each other when we know something not to be true. If someone is mistakenly labeled people say so. There has been errors, they have been corrected, and will continue to be corrected. If people want the list removed that is fine. For anyone currently studying, you can E-mail Mike Yanosik @ myano@msn.com, he will E-mail you an updated copy of the PG. He keeps it updated also so you don't have to worry about studying outdated material. For what its worth he anticipates a test early 2017 - I know must of you have already speculated the same. Good luck!

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Date:

No, this is important. Stop trying to hide this info, what are you worried about? You on this list?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 226
Date:

DO NOT DELETE THIS THREAD

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 293
Date:

I agree, don't take this down. Fix as needed.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 607
Date:

Cheaterpolice wrote:

No, this is important. Stop trying to hide this info, what are you worried about? You on this list?


Yeah, seems like he may be an alternate test taker or friends with some. 



__________________

Darth-Vader-and-Storm-Trooper-dance.gif



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 311
Date:

Nope. I don't need to take exams on alternate dates to pass. I also don't need throw outs or changes. Multiple people have been falsely accused of cheating on that list, I don't think that's acceptable. anyways, its over and likely that nothing will change. Time for people to move on 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1026
Date:

Na, the devil dog took it with us.  100 percent.  



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 607
Date:

Thanks for the clarification. I still think we should try to change it for the future and collecting this data will help. Once we have all of the alternate test scores we can make charts showing how much better they scored than the rest of us.

__________________

Darth-Vader-and-Storm-Trooper-dance.gif



Senior Member

Status: Online
Posts: 321
Date:

Devil Dog wrote:

Nope. I don't need to take exams on alternate dates to pass. I also don't need throw outs or changes. Multiple people have been falsely accused of cheating on that list, I don't think that's acceptable. anyways, its over and likely that nothing will change. Time for people to move on 


 WRONG !!! Things will change and SOME not ALL cheaters will be passed over on the basis of cheating. This happened to the #1 guy on the 2013 Sgts list. He's being investigated for cheating on the test and scoring a 99. He apparently bragged about cheating and people dropped logs on his a$$.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 311
Date:

PD2FD wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:

Nope. I don't need to take exams on alternate dates to pass. I also don't need throw outs or changes. Multiple people have been falsely accused of cheating on that list, I don't think that's acceptable. anyways, its over and likely that nothing will change. Time for people to move on 


 WRONG !!! Things will change and SOME not ALL cheaters will be passed over on the basis of cheating. This happened to the #1 guy on the 2013 Sgts list. He's being investigated for cheating on the test and scoring a 99. He apparently bragged about cheating and people dropped logs on his a$$.


 wow



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 63
Date:

I have been asking for this UPDATED list for 2 weeks.

What happened to the FOIL request?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 293
Date:

Suckerpunched wrote:

I have been asking for this UPDATED list for 2 weeks.

What happened to the FOIL request?


The first post on this thread is the updated list.  The original poster updated it on March 5th.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 63
Date:

I thought you had to repost a "new" list with a new entry.  I wasnt aware that you can edit the original.  

Thank you Sir.  



-- Edited by Suckerpunched on Wednesday 9th of March 2016 01:35:23 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 607
Date:

sixmonthwonder wrote:
ondeeair2321 wrote:

22, 24, 27, 30----are the original top 4. 


I heard that 28 was legit as well. So 22, 24, 27, 28, 30 would be original top five if that's the case. Have you heard different? 


I stand corrected, after further investigation it seems 28 took a makeup exam. So ondeeair's top four stands as of now. 22, 24, 27 and 30.



__________________

Darth-Vader-and-Storm-Trooper-dance.gif



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 401
Date:

I never received my FOIL request.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Date:

sixmonthwonder wrote:
sixmonthwonder wrote:
ondeeair2321 wrote:

22, 24, 27, 30----are the original top 4. 


I heard that 28 was legit as well. So 22, 24, 27, 28, 30 would be original top five if that's the case. Have you heard different? 


I stand corrected, after further investigation it seems 28 took a makeup exam. So ondeeair's top four stands as of now. 22, 24, 27 and 30.


 I know for a 100% fact that 28 did not take a makeup. not sure what kind of "investigation" took place



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 226
Date:

Samiam32 wrote:

I never received my FOIL request.


 



-- Edited by skiguy37 on Thursday 10th of March 2016 03:24:14 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 607
Date:

Cheaterpolice wrote:
sixmonthwonder wrote:
sixmonthwonder wrote:
ondeeair2321 wrote:

22, 24, 27, 30----are the original top 4. 


I heard that 28 was legit as well. So 22, 24, 27, 28, 30 would be original top five if that's the case. Have you heard different? 


I stand corrected, after further investigation it seems 28 took a makeup exam. So ondeeair's top four stands as of now. 22, 24, 27 and 30.


 I know for a 100% fact that 28 did not take a makeup. not sure what kind of "investigation" took place


Check your PM. 



__________________

Darth-Vader-and-Storm-Trooper-dance.gif



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 145
Date:

PD2FD wrote:


 WRONG !!! Things will change and SOME not ALL cheaters will be passed over on the basis of cheating. This happened to the #1 guy on the 2013 Sgts list. He's being investigated for cheating on the test and scoring a 99. He apparently bragged about cheating and people dropped logs on his a$$.


 That isn't true... that was a rumor in BMOC. He was pulled from BMOC and sent back to command because of a domestic issue. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1335
Date:

I'm hearing a class and people getting passed over due to the cheating scandal.

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard